Yet ANOTHER sign the world is truly coming to an end!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
probably thinking he has the cash to pay, so why not.

they are for sale!

Tomcat must be watching his mission impossible movies and thinks he can ride like that.
LOL, he'll probably hire a stunt girl to ride it for him! :rofl_200:

Yeah Cruise is a tool..what is Ducati thinkin!:confused2:

Ducati isn't giving him one, he's paying for it, over $70k. I'm pretty sure Ducati doesn't care who gives them the money for the bikes.
Now the betting starts on how long it will take before he crashes it! :eusa_dance:

Now Now boys. Tom may think differently to most people but you can't rag on the guy because he has great taste in motorcycles can you?

Besides, Yamaha has delayed the new V-max again so what's a guy to buy?

I just think he needs to start a new charity... it's called give Frank some cool toys...He can start with the Duc!

Frank

Screw it! I'm starting my own cult/religion!

1) You have to like/love the V-max

2) If you don't ride the crap out of it when you ride it you are a poser and you're out.

3) If you are a latch on assclown and you like stirring crap for someone else you're out.

4)If you don't have to cut any corners to afford crazy exotic parts for your Max you're out (but you can buy your way back in :eusa_dance:)

5)You can ride ANYTHING.. HD,honda,vespa.. You're in.

6)If you think the name on the tank makes you cool...get the hell out!

7)If you don't find humor in financing your apparel WITH your bike...get a clue.

Ok that's a start... I'm supposed to be working over here...lol...Remember kids...don't drink and drive in Nebraska or you'll have to come see me.

Frank

ya well we all are arnt we?

doesn't every religion espouse that its the "one true way"?

by the way...why are we so wrapped up in what a celebrity says or does? who cares....

We need more guys like Flavio Briatori...god love em... old, rich, slick, string of supermodel girlfriends who all lovem even though he traded up.... :punk:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flavio_Briatore

and in other news:
Racing's biggest playboy is getting married

Posted Dec 20th 2007 6:57PM by Noah Joseph
Filed under: Etc., Celebrities
Not that we'd have any reason to, but if we had to make a list of the world's biggest playboys, Flavio Briatore would certainly rank in the top five. Certainly the biggest in the automotive industry. He's best known as team principal of Renault F1, but the Italian businessman also owns several beach clubs, night clubs and restaurants in Sardinia, Tuscany, Kenya and London, as well as an English football club and, having been a senior director for the Benetton clothing label, has his own fashion line called Billionaire Italian Couture. But business aside, Briatore has dated some of the most famously attractive models in the world, including Naomi Campbell and Heidi Klum.
With a little black book like his, it would take some woman to take him off the market, but his latest girlfriend has done just that. Italian lingerie model Elisabetta Gregoraci recently revealed that the couple are engaged to be married at a ceremony ? and what's sure to be the party of the century ? next May. Flavio is 57, and his fianc?? 27.
So what made Flavio change his gallivanting ways? Briatore recently recovered from cancer, and his girlfriend was there for him the whole way through.
[Source: F1-Live, Photo by Sean Gallup/Getty]

Despite visit from Heidi Klum, Audi DTM team loses at EuroSpeedway

Posted May 1st 2006 9:04AM by Chris Paukert
Filed under: Motorsports, Etc., Euro, Audi
Could supermodel Heidi Klum be a closet gearhead? Despite parting ways with Renault F1 bigwig Flavio Briatore, the camera-friendly celebrity appears to still have a thing for motorsports, having reportedly 'coptered in to chat with the Audi DTM crew at the EuroSpeedway over the weekend. Klum talked with the team, then walked around the starting grid and took in the race from the Audi Lounge over pit lane.
Perhaps the four-ringed boys were a mote distracted, as they were unable to seal the deal on the track. Tom Kristensen (Siemens Audi A4 DTM) finished second, the only marque representative in the top seven spots. Mercedes dominated the standings, securing six out of the top ten positions, including eventual winner Bernd Schneider.
(Flavio and Klum are pictured)
[Source: PaddockTalk]

So there ya go....Tom can have his scient-psycho pseudo life style......

Frank...send me a prospect patch for yer club/cult...I'm right there with ya Bud!

Could somebody please post a link or a picture of what this Duc wonder ride looks like? I wanna see what the hell comes with two wheels, and could possibly cost 70 large.... Some people have WAY too much money, and WAY too little common sense....

Philthy

it's as close to Ducat's MotoGP bike as you can get, or anyone's MotoGP bike for that matter.

It's easily worth the asking price, and will only go up in value

ducati-desmosedici-rr.jpg

Frank...send me a prospect patch for yer club/cult...I'm right there with ya Bud!

Could somebody please post a link or a picture of what this Duc wonder ride looks like? I wanna see what the hell comes with two wheels, and could possibly cost 70 large.... Some people have WAY too much money, and WAY too little common sense....

Philthy

its funny how we all accuse people with more money than us as not having comment sence. Or that we accuse those who spent more than us (on anything) as having been irresponsible.

at the local bike night i ger all kinds of comments about how much i spent in my duc from boys on 6500 dollar sport bikes....they inform me my bike is not any faster and yet i payed so much more....i must be stupid right?

Same guys endlessly compare 0-60 times of WRX subarus and claim its such a deal...fast as a porsche but half the price...."why would anyone buy a porsche and spend more than i can spend? thats just a waste.."
Human nature....its a funny thing.

The Ducati Desmosecdici is actuall cheap compared to the MV Agusta CC which id 100 grand... and in the same leage as the specialty bikes like Ecosse or Confederate.... These guys dont tool any part..there cnc every stinking piece, making the cost very high. Which people are obviously willing to pay for.
I love the fact that the Desmo is a V4....if they made a commen version id buy it....

I love the fact that the Desmo is a V4....if they made a commen version id buy it....

V4????

Holy Crap Batman I want it..NOW. (I really should read more).

"Ducati history is classically based on V-Twin engines, using desmodromic valve technology. Initially, Ducati considered the possibility of creating a MotoGP ?super-twin?, taking advantage of the MotoGP regulations that give twin-cylinder machines a considerable weight reduction over four, five or six-cylinder bikes. However, analysis indicated that a twin-cylinder engine would not have been able to produce the required amount of power (more than 230 hp), without excessively increasing the number of revs. A Twin would have had to rev at over 17,000 rpm, but this would require a very short stroke and a very large bore, as a result producing possible combustion problems.
The basis of the design of the Desmosedici engine therefore is two classical Ducati V-Twins next to each other, making a Double V Twin with 2 cylinder Stroking at the same time (also called Twin Pulse). With four valves per cylinder, the total number of valves is sixteen - Desmosedici means desmo sixteen in Italian"

Now if I can just get the MAx to rev to 17,000 RPM :th_peace:

Last edited:
V4????

Now if I can just get the MAx to rev to 17,000 RPM :th_peace:

..... you just might be ablt to........ once! It would be neat to know who has the highest reving VMax out there, anyone willing to share? I know mine has been up there a few times... especially when I let my buddy (a HD rider) get on it.... later he was telling me that my shift light was in a bad spot.... I told him I didn't have a shift light... I finally figured out he was shifting when the oil light came on.... ouch!

its funny how we all accuse people with more money than us as not having comment sence. Or that we accuse those who spent more than us (on anything) as having been irresponsible.

RJ,

Before you gitcher panties all in a bunch because you think I made a derogatory statement about Duc?s in general, allow me to reiterate (that means ?clarify?), I think Ducs are FINE bikes. I rode with a bro? in the early 80?s that rode one, a v-twin model and it was an outstanding machine...

However?from my point of view (down here where the every-day average folks live), IF I had all the money I ever wanted, and could buy ANYTHING I ever wanted, it would NOT include a bike, C&C hand built or not, that would cost anywhere near what that one does.

And I still question the common sense of anyone that would. That Duc would bring me no more pleasure then does my 8 year old V Max when I?m riding it. All the Duc could do, other than go somewhat faster, is say "look at what I can afford, and YOU can?t!" Hell, for that matter, I personally won?t ride anything that looks like that? I don?t like crotch rockets..PERIOD. But that?s my personal taste and choice, and not necessarily someone elses?.

If ol? Tom wants to buy me one too, I?ll happily take it, re-sell it, then wait for the new V Max to come out, buy that, and put a LOT of money back in my bank account to be better spent on other things.

Have a great day up there in The Great White North, ?eh!

Philthy

PS ZRX/VMAX...thanks for those pics!

Latest posts

Back