You can all breath easy now

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuarterHorse

Reaction score
I have the tag lights on Mad Max. It took two trys for Custom Dynamics to get it right, as the first set they sent one LED was bad. They mailed out the warranty one Friday, I got it today, and got 'em installed. The only thing I don't like about 'em is that the studs are a little long on the back, and I don't have a steady enough hand to cut 'em down and not hit the wires inside 'em. Hiding the wires is also a pain in the butt.

They seem to work well, or well enough to keep po-po off my back about it.

MaxTagLights001.jpg

MaxTagLights002.jpg

Should be interesting to see if it can hold up to 150+ MPH.
I just went and got a new plate today.
I had it mounted to my shorty extrepp rear fender snapped off that weekend I was running with a GIXXER 1000

Today I just wrapped it around the rear shock and zip tied it with some blk straps. I know it sounds kinda ghetto but it doesnt look half bad it kinda blends in and the best part is I can rotate it around to where you cant see all the letters and numbers.
Nothing worse looking than a big ol white square on the back of a motorcycle.

How many mounting points does it have. Only looks like one, what keeps it from spinning down or up?

Mine's done very similiar, mounted to the axle nut sticking down on the left side using a piece of aluminum angle.

It's seen 145 with no problem, rocks have dented the crap out of it tho'

Rusty

Last edited:
""The only thing I don't like about 'em is that the studs are a little long on the back, and I don't have a steady enough hand to cut 'em down and not hit the wires inside 'em. Hiding the wires is also a pain in the butt.""

How about placing a nut on the light bolt and screwing it down to the base. Then put the bolt in a vice with the side you're gonna cut off, score it with a hack saw and break it off. Remove the nut and its short. Maybe shrink tube could help your wirning issue.

" The only thing I don't like about 'em is that the studs are a little long on the back, and I don't have a steady enough hand to cut 'em down and not hit the wires inside 'em."
I used a plumbers pipe cutter to cut down the threaded portion on my turn signals I needed to cut down. It allows a very precise depth of cut control.

All the wire showing is wrapped in shrink tube or electrical tape except for one part, which will be done soon. I may cut the wires, and give my try at shortening the studs, I just don't trust myself to not go through and cut the wires inside. I've had several different ideas on how to do it.

Back