rich...help?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbutera2112

Reaction score

had the bike dyno'd and put down bad numbers... 94/73

its running rich...only mods are k&n air filter and kerker slip ons with some of the baffle removed

what do i need to do to fix my a/f?

agree with G. smaller mains will raise everything up.

still tho. thats a FLAT a/f curve huh?

yep, that's why I suggest 147.5 mains with the slip-ons. You also need to see if your v-boost is working. Also, note that Dynojet dyno's read higher the other brands. not sure what brand they were using.

I also don't see any correction factors for the weather conditions that were present. This can amount to a big difference.

Sean

yep, that's why I suggest 147.5 mains with the slip-ons. You also need to see if your v-boost is working. Also, note that Dynojet dyno's read higher the other brands. not sure what brand they were using.

I also don't see any correction factors for the weather conditions that were present. This can amount to a big difference.

Sean

im not worried too much about numbers, tuner said baro pressure was low and throwing it off...just wanna get a/f worked out...ill take a look at the jets thanks guys...and the v-boost is working, i can definately feel it as soon as the bike hits 6k

HUGE THANKS TO SEAN MORLEY!!!!

thank you for the help today, sorry i was blowing your phone up...i have never worked on a carb in my life, got it all sorted out...it feels like a whole new bike, really had to crank that idle screw to get it to idle...hell it took us 5 mins to even get it started up...it was realllllly far off....it fires right up now, runs great...i cant wait to get it over to the dyno now and put the sniffer on it to see how close the a/f is now...where about should it be? also, those adjustable needles are on the second notch from the top (the base being the top, not the needle point)....also, i left that broken cap in there...it was threaded all the way, so it will be fine and hold...if i ever have it out again, ill put in the new one that you sent me!

nice to find out i have a stage 1 jet kit in it lol

you and my buddy derek saved my ass today

LOL, no problem. Was busy cleaning up a bit in the afternoon to get ready for some more engine work. Put together a 1300 for my 2 face bike (and for the dyno day) which will be for sale. Got another one we are going to do a test bore on and see how far we can go and still have good driveability. Probably won't have it done in time. Got a couple of more to prep for future customers! Too much to do not counting all the other stuff.

Did you check the carb sync? If not that may be why you have to use so much idle screw.

Sean

LOL, no problem. Was busy cleaning up a bit in the afternoon to get ready for some more engine work. Put together a 1300 for my 2 face bike (and for the dyno day) which will be for sale. Got another one we are going to do a test bore on and see how far we can go and still have good driveability. Probably won't have it done in time. Got a couple of more to prep for future customers! Too much to do not counting all the other stuff.

Did you check the carb sync? If not that may be why you have to use so much idle screw.

Sean

not sure how to check the carb synch, what would the symptoms be of it being bad? im thinking possibly it was so far out of adjustment because of how rich it was ...i got it adjusted now and she runs like a champ

and damn it sounds like you have a lot of projects! sounds like some will be pretty sweet....still wish i coulda bought that one bike from you before, but college is kicking my ass and i just got engaged...im actually trying to sell my current project (big block mustang) just to free up some time and resources lol

not sure how to check the carb synch, what would the symptoms be of it being bad? im thinking possibly it was so far out of adjustment because of how rich it was ...i got it adjusted now and she runs like a champ

To check carb sync you will need a sync tool. You can make one for about $15 with a bit of tubing, a couple of T fittings, a plank and some ATF fluid.

Or you can buy a CarbTune tool for about $100, or really nice vacuum gauges like these for a wee bit more:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0418968485&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Then it takes about 5mns to check your sync - just warm up the bike, hook up the tool, and adjust the 3 sync screws on the carbs. One does the carbs 1-2 balance, one does 3-4, and one does balance between both sides.

But your best bet really, is find another Maxxer in OH who already has a sync tool, and pay him/her a quick visit! Most will be happy to help ya. :clapping:

Not sure where "Blacklick" is....Columbus area? I got one up North if you feel like a roadtrip!

yea im in columbus...i had a carb sync tool that igave away to my buddy because i never thought ide use it...i may see if he is using it and get it back...he runs an auto shop, so i dont see why he would need it anyways since he doesnt work on bikes lol....if not, i may take a road trip to wherever amherst is lol

Back