Are you a new member? Come here and say hi!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Folks,
New Max owner in Alabama. I have had it about a month and wanted one since the early 90's. It is a 2006 model and she do not disappoint!:th_image003: It was purchased on the WAF! (Wife Acceptance Factor) It was actually her idea as long as she gets to ride. I thought it was some kind of wife test or trick question. But from my past experience, it is best to strike while the iron is hot and not dilly dally. Scoured the internet and cycle trader furiously until I found the one that fit my taste and my budget. Found it one state over and pulled it home within a week. Riding this bike makes me feel 16 again! It is everything that imagined and more.
I have been reading the forum for several weeks and boy have I learned a thing or two. I really appreciate the time and effort that you guys put in to help the fellow rider and all the encouragement it gives us new guys. I hope that I can be productive and be of assistance in some capacity too. Great forum and glad to be a part of the VMax Clan. Thanks again!
Chris

Thanks Blaxmax! The games have begun. I just installed a Cycle-istic backrest for the wife. I didn't want the bling of the chrome only choice, so I custom powder coated it to match the OEM frame and grab rail. Turned out nicely. Wife loves it! Dobie Gillum was so helpful to guide me at Cycle-istic. Great experience.:clapping:
Okay what's next? lol.

(I had to have it towed to my house! It was too tall for me to ride!)
Nuthin wrong with taking a taller gal to the prom when she is a "knock out"! Welcome to the forum and enjoy. This has got to be the best forum online for Vmax owners or admirers.
Chris

Hey all! New to the V-Max crowd, but have always been a huge fan since I saw my first Max back in high school in the late 80's. I've owned cruisers and sport bikes, but right now my obsession is my new (to me) 1996 V-Max! I bought it in mint condition with just over 8000k miles, from a guy in L.A. who upgraded everything but the engine, intake, or exhaust...so that's my goal; finish what he started! I'm stoked to learn from all the experience on here I've heard about from a fellow Max-head, and hope to make a few friends along the way...and thanks for having me!!

Cheers!
Hazen

Hello, My name is mike and I am new to the forum as of today. I'm 50, had my motorcycle license before my drivers license ,and have been riding off and on ever since. Started out with a RD400c Yamaha, then a CB750f Honda,then spent 20 years or so on a couple different Harleys. Wanted a Vmax since 85 and finally picked up a 98 with 6k miles on it last year. I am an ASE Certified auto technician but don't do a lot of my own bike work. I'm married enjoy boating on my 21 foot crownline and Hanging out with friends. No kids as I am a big one myself. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and hearing about your bikes.

Let me be the first... Welcome! You're gonna learn a lot about a really great motorcycle here.. Remember, there are no stupid questions, so don't be afraid to ask anything. There are a lot of long time Maxxers here, all of whom are good folks, ready to help.

Hello, My name is mike and I am new to the forum as of today. I'm 50, had my motorcycle license before my drivers license ,and have been riding off and on ever since. Started out with a RD400c Yamaha, then a CB750f Honda,then spent 20 years or so on a couple different Harleys. Wanted a Vmax since 85 and finally picked up a 98 with 6k miles on it last year. I am an ASE Certified auto technician but don't do a lot of my own bike work. I'm married enjoy boating on my 21 foot crownline and Hanging out with friends. No kids as I am a big one myself. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and hearing about your bikes.
Hey Mike,
Welcome to the forum. It is a great place to soak up plenty of Vmax knowledge and make some new friends. I am a fairly new Vmax owner myself and learning that there is so much more to Vmax ownership than riding. Hope you get that bike running well shortly. When you do, all the hype will make sense. I waited close to 25 years to finally own one and can't say it wasn't worth the wait. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to assessing some of the issues that come up with the Vmax but I am learning quickly thanks to these guys and gals on the forum. Let me know if I can help you out within my limitations, lol. Again, welcome aboard!

Welcome to all the new members! Mike it sounds like you bring a long history of motorcycle ownership and when it comes to the Vmax we are all just a bunch of crazy kids!

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to Vmax's from Oz. Always liked them and finally bought this Red 1988 model and am loving it. Genuine 15,000 miles and goes hard. Needs a bit of alloy polish. Does anyone know where I can download a workshop manual for the 1988 Vmax 1200? I always like to know what's going on inside and one other question. The main tan/ reserve only runs the bike on reserve. When I switch to main tank she slowly dies so figure its a jammed solenoid. Any ideas on where its located and if its electric or vacuum and serviceable. Thanks in advance and did I mention that I just LOVE riding this little beast. She's another in an interesting collection I have.:eusa_dance: Thanks again.
Mr Chickenlegs.

Hi all,
I'm a newbie to Vmax's from Oz. Always liked them and finally bought this Red 1988 model and am loving it. Genuine 15,000 miles and goes hard. Needs a bit of alloy polish. Does anyone know where I can download a workshop manual for the 1988 Vmax 1200? I always like to know what's going on inside and one other question. The main tan/ reserve only runs the bike on reserve. When I switch to main tank she slowly dies so figure its a jammed solenoid. Any ideas on where its located and if its electric or vacuum and serviceable. Thanks in advance and did I mention that I just LOVE riding this little beast. She's another in an interesting collection I have.:eusa_dance: Thanks again.
Mr Chickenlegs.
You can grab the Service and Owners Manuals here:
http://v4musclebike.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9801

As far as the reserve switch I'd check the right side switch first and if it's good check the sensor on the fuel tank.
Start a new thread after searching the forum for more help with that.

Back