What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have sanded all the panels, am looking at a new set of tyres... 170/80-15 Kendra kruz or Bridgestone Exedra max???? Does anyone have any suggestions please?

I myself have found the Avon Venoms in 170/80 and 120/90 to be outstanding tires. They are a TIGHT fit, but they DO fit.
They handle way better than stock, especially in the rain, from my personal experience

As for myself, I put new brake pads on order for my rear brake. They need them NOW!
Will be getting the front pads next month.

I have sanded all the panels, am looking at a new set of tyres... 170/80-15 Kendra kruz or Bridgestone Exedra max???? Does anyone have any suggestions please?

Miss Max -
Metzler 880s and Shinko 230s are very popular tires used on the Max in North America - Metzlers for their longevity, Shinkos for their "stickiness", and reasonable price.
A suggestion - when asking a particular question, start your own thread in the appropriate forum (engine, electrical, suspension, etc.).
Your question will be visible to all members that check the site using the "New Posts" link, and you will get many more replies.
and also......Welcome to the Forum!:eusa_dance:
Cheers!

Replaced the rear brake pads on Woona today. She needed them. Front pads are getting close, but they will hold till next week.

Also discovered just how much I prefer the windshield on the bike. Took it off for the Ice Bucket Challenge vid I did, and was out on the bike today when a bird turned wrong and smacked me in the face. Was not goin fast at all, but it was enough to get my attention in a hurry.

Windshield goes back on in the morning lol

Got in a nice lil night ride on my way home from work. Stopped by a bonfire, scared my buddys wife on the max, stopped by some spots to listen to nature doing its thing and came home to some Sierra Nevada Flipside in the fridge.... all is right with the world right now :eusa_dance:

got around to installing the intake and swing arm pivot covers i recently acquired and they look awesome. i also put my front strap on and if the weather holds up ill be heading to the track tonight. ill try my new handlebar mount for my gopro and see if I can upload some video tomorrow.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409381767.676106.jpg

David Justiss
USAF First Sergeant

my strap on

Ok... we did not need to know this...

Brain_bleach.jpg

Took a short 50 mile ride to Dahlonega GA and back. Still getting use to Mr. Max (also still working on a proper name) but the ride was great. I took back roads up and the highway back. I'm so happy to finally have a VMax in the family.

Reduced the chicken strip on my tires today hehe.. spirited run with an r6 &r1. Impressed with the avons. Tomorrow... yz250 2t to the track and I am gonna get the nerve to jump it... just hammer the throttle and see what happens lol

Reduced the chicken strip on my tires today hehe.. spirited run with an r6 &r1. Impressed with the avons. Tomorrow... yz250 2t to the track and I am gonna get the nerve to jump it... just hammer the throttle and see what happens lol

Yeah... Avon Venoms are the tire of choice for me, until I do the swap to 17" Radials. (Do Pirellis come in 190/55 size?)

Powered up my barnfind Vmax today. Since it hasn't run in 4 years, I decided to spray some oil down the intakes and spin the motor up some, without plugs, to limber it up some before installing my freshly rebuilt carbs. I left the plugs plugged in and hanging and grounded them with clip leads, great spark wahoo!

Compression checked OK with my shadetree compression tester. PVC sink supply tube with cone rubber gasket jammed in the plug hole and my thumb over the other end, If it pops hard with spin over it's good enough to try to run it LOL.

I did discover 2 problems though, maybe related. Neither the Fuel pump or the Vboost cycles, when key is turned on. Checked all the fuses I think. Main 30 amp was blown previously and replaced today. Other fusebox OK under left side of fake tank.

Anyone have ideas what to check next?

Thanks,
Wayne

removed my side covers, removed V-max logo, taped and primed the upper half. Will paint on Tuesday pearl orange to match the rest.

Picked mine up from Captain Kyle, but I didn't get to test ride it due to a monster thunder storm. Got it secured just in time. Definitely will be riding tomorrow. Man I really appreciate all the help Kyle. I'm gonna miss you when you move to Tennessee

Lola turned 60K on Saturday then spent the weekend on the coast celebrating. Got her some new brake pads and fresh oil & filter as belated miles earned gifts.

Well, Rear brake started to grind today on my way to work. Replaced rear pads, cleaned up the rotor, and I felt bad so 4 fresh quarts of rotella 15w-40,and a filter Mike

Picked mine up from Captain Kyle, but I didn't get to test ride it due to a monster thunder storm. Got it secured just in time. Definitely will be riding tomorrow. Man I really appreciate all the help Kyle. I'm gonna miss you when you move to Tennessee

Test rode it today, man it freaking pulls a lot harder now, the front wheel started to pop up & my ass puckered & I can see the oil light again. Stage 1 dyna that I had in sucked. It pops a little on deceleration though, but I can live with that. Thanks again Kyle

Oh yeah & thanks Dannymax for the carbs

Test rode it today, man it freaking pulls a lot harder now, the front wheel started to pop up & my ass puckered & I can see the oil light again. Stage 1 dyna that I had in sucked. It pops a little on deceleration though, but I can live with that. Thanks again Kyle

Oh yeah & thanks Dannymax for the carbs
No Problem always good to see you & I had fun riding it:biglaugh:

Back