What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did I do with the bike today... not a DAMN thing. On reserve, and I don't got even $10 to spare for gas until tomorrow night.

FACEDESK_TIEM_PLZ_by_Crimson_Miz.gif

Installed chrome rear axle nut covers from Sean Morley

Attachments

• 20140821_175459.jpg
    20140821_175459.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20140821_175504.jpg
    20140821_175504.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20140821_175451.jpg
    20140821_175451.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 20140821_181840.jpg
    20140821_181840.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20140821_181858.jpg
    20140821_181858.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 28
I installed an ignitech programmable tci which also replaces the vboost controller. I got the unit from Dingy and Sean Morley and thanks to both of them for answering my questions during the install. Now that it's in, holy smokes what a difference. The vboost feels like hitting a big two stroke power band. It just feels like its pulling much harder from 4500 up. I've never been into drugs or alcohol but if it's like vboost I understand abusing it.

I installed an ignitech programmable tci which also replaces the vboost controller. I got the unit from Dingy and Sean Morley and thanks to both of them for answering my questions during the install. Now that it's in, holy smokes what a difference. The vboost feels like hitting a big two stroke power band. It just feels like its pulling much harder from 4500 up. I've never been into drugs or alcohol but if it's like vboost I understand abusing it.

Can you control the rate of opening on the V-boost as well as when it opens with the new TCI?

You sure can. You set the rpm that it starts to open then set the % you want it to be open at each of several points along the rpm curve. It also has a rev limiter wired in, which is also programmable.

The sound of the fiberglass packing in my ufo slash cut exhaust was a lot better than the steel packing they came with but I got my hands on some kaowool ceramic insulation. Sounds a lot more even from side to side. Still have very low gas mileage issues. 70mi per tank. Carbs are good. Need to do a long ride and check the plugs again. Just rejetted. Thinking I must still have a spark issue.

The sound of the fiberglass packing in my ufo slash cut exhaust was a lot better than the steel packing they came with but I got my hands on some kaowool ceramic insulation. Sounds a lot more even from side to side. Still have very low gas mileage issues. 70mi per tank. Carbs are good. Need to do a long ride and check the plugs again. Just rejetted. Thinking I must still have a spark issue.

Thanks for sharing I may give kaowool ceramic insulation a try

Thanks for sharing I may give kaowool ceramic insulation a try on my Quadzillas

I was all set to ride when I got a call from my little brother. He needed someone to ride his k1300 home from a city lot. Off I go for 50-60 miles, get on this beast after being warned what a rocket it is? Oh wow, scarey! First, my wrist hurt in 5 miles from the awful riding position, up high on top of the bike. Second, it slow speed handled worse that anything I've ever ridden. It had great ABS brakes and good suspension I'll admit. But in all honesty, my Gen 1 would hand it to this BMW up to 100mph. I missed my VMAX and can't wait to get back on it, nice, low and comfortable. Plenty of torque. K1300-yuk! Poor excuse for a sport bike.

Finally got my Max all back together and on the road after fixing 2nd gear. Also added solid motor mounts and a pair of wavy front rotors.

I'm a happy camper now - it runs great again :)

It wasn't today but last Wednesday I installed my 5 gal tank from Sean. Then the next day I filled her up and hit the road for a ~200 mile trip to a ADV ride. I was unsure on how far the ADV'ers would ride between fillups so I brought along two 1 liter MSR fuel bottles for emergency fuel, but ended up I didn't need them.
The first tank I got 163 miles only because I was a little concerned that the low fuel light had not come on yet, that took 4.2 gal to fill. During the ADV ride I put fuel in at every stop, like any smart Vmax rider would do, so I didn't track the amount of miles I was getting per tank. On the way home I squeezed 183 miles before I stopped for fuel, still no low fuel light, and that fill-up took 4.8 gallons. Whew, I had just ridden through an area of about 20 miles with no stations in sight, that was too close to running out! Now to pull the sensor from the old tank to install in the 5 gal tank to fix that pesky low fuel light.
I'm extremely happy with my fuel range now, knowing that I can get 160 miles with a little hooliganism thrown in to keep the rides up to Vmax standards.:punk:

Any major adjustments required to accommodate a 5 gallon tank? Would should make riding in the mountains a whole lot easier. Glad it is working out well for you!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Any major adjustments required to accommodate a 5 gallon tank? Would should make riding in the mountains a whole lot easier. Glad it is working out well for you!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
A longer swingarm, mine is 3" longer. That is all that's required because the tank is added onto on the rear of the tank.

Yea, i've only measured the tank once on the prototype but I know it's very close to 5 gallons plus or minus a little. With a properly working sensor it should have a gallon left when the light comes on.

Sean

Back