07 bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rsoll

Reaction score
I have a question concerning handlebars. I was at bike night and sat on a 06 vmax and the bars are different from my 07. The 06 bars were more curved like the same ones on my 92 and 95. Were these 07bars a factory upgrade from the previous years or would they have been changed by previous owner?

Rick

as far as i know, all years were the same. yours were probably changed by the PO.

I looked up the part #s you're speaking of on the carolinacycle.com site (they're the guys I use when I need OEM parts)...the OEM part #s for the bars are the same.

Elimax

I looked up the part #s you're speaking of on the carolinacycle.com site (they're the guys I use when I need OEM parts)...the OEM part #s for the bars are the same.

Elimax
It sounds like the PO may have changed out the OEM bars for some aftermarket bars. Some owners, including myself, have installed drag bars to pull our body forward a little, with me it helped the riding position greatly over stock bars. I am going to try a bar from Sean Morley that is wider, has a little rise but has the same pullback as a drag bar.
You may want to compare price you can get locally with the deal we have @ Mondak Motorsports. (20% over cost) + Gary is knowledgeable about the Vmax and can offer expert assistance when it comes to ordering parts that maybe unclear of what's exactly needed via the local microfiche. I know my local Yamaha parts guy is about as adept as I am when ordering parts off the microfiche so talking to Gary may/ can save you money by getting what you need and only what you need. Just another good option when looking for parts.
Check out the VMF Links section to find out about more Vmax vendors and their discounts we receive.

Well that is good they were changed cause I never liked the old ones.
Thanks guys

i had a spare set my bro used on his 81 virago. hey does anyone know if you can P/C bars? just don't do the throttle part i assume?

i had a spare set my bro used on his 81 virago. hey does anyone know if you can P/C bars? just don't do the throttle part i assume?

My Flanders are powder coated completely.

P/C over chrome isn't the best idea.

Chris

Latest posts

Back