07 Vmax price

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trapshooter12

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum. Im looking to buy a new 07 Vmax at the local dealer. I was wondering what the rock bottem price a dealer will go before they tell me to go jump in a lake. I figure they would like to get rid of it sense it is a couple years old, a new 09 Vmax is out and the economy is doing bad. Any input is appreciated.

:attention:Thankyou, Frank :smileystooges:

Hi Frank and welcome to the forum
I wouldnt go into the delaership insulting them with an offer of 9000.00
If you can get it for 10,200 that would be a great deal if they through in a helmet, jacket gloves etc. Remember the helmets and accsories will be out dated also so drill them hard on these things. You do have the upper hand with the economy and the new 09's coming out, but remember if some guy going through his mid life thing comes in and sees it and wants it he will pay.

Hi everyone, Im new to this forum. Im looking to buy a new 07 Vmax at the local dealer. I was wondering what the rock bottem price a dealer will go before they tell me to go jump in a lake. I figure they would like to get rid of it sense it is a couple years old, a new 09 Vmax is out and the economy is doing bad. Any input is appreciated.

:attention:Thankyou, Frank :smileystooges:

I agree 9k would be my limit out the door. I'd go in even lower.... say 8k out the door. After all it is 2 years old and now a discontinued model! :biglaugh:

Hi Frank and welcome to the forum
I wouldnt go into the delaership insulting them with an offer of 9000.00
If you can get it for 10,200 that would be a great deal if they through in a helmet, jacket gloves etc. Remember the helmets and accsories will be out dated also so drill them hard on these things. You do have the upper hand with the economy and the new 09's coming out, but remember if some guy going through his mid life thing comes in and sees it and wants it he will pay.

"Insult the dealer". That's funny.:rofl_200:

I have a 2007 that's coming up on two years old and 10,000 miles, so just for fun I looked at NADA and the average high retail is 9,120. Low was 6,300. I looked on Cycle Trader and there was only one 07 for sale--said it was pristine and 1,300 miles (why do they buy 'em if they ain't gonna ride?)--asking 9,300. Bought mine for 9,600, but with an extended warranty and tax it was 10,200 out the door.

Look, main thing to consider is it's nothing but a used two year old the instant the front tire hits the street. Brand new to you, but not to anyone else. If your job situation and the rest of your life is stable enough that you don't have to worry about trying to sell it anytime soon, anything within spitting distance of 9,000 is good, I'd say. I'm just surprised that I could "ask" for basically what I paid two years back--but you can ask anything. What you get is totally another animal. In today's economy, with people worrying about the next boot falling on THEIR foot, you can't count on getting out for "book" value. If getting out isn't a concern, then offer 9K and see what they do.

Good luck. I love mine. Good scary fun, and no mechanical problems to speak of (maybe I wasted that warranty money).

Chris.

Last edited:
yea , its 2 years old , & i'd say $9,000 would be a good deal , but don't wined -up like me , go there unannounced & have them take the gas cap off , and smell if there's " gone bad " fuel in the tank from it sitting all of this time , and if so " run "

This 07 is a brand new bike, not a used one.

I think what they're trying to say is that, yes, the bike may never have been ridden before, but it's an '07 model. There was no '08 Max, and the '09s are coming out in October. Thus, it's two years old to start with. And, its replacement is going through probably the single most significant overhaul of an existing model in history.

This 07 is a brand new bike, not a used one.

Trap-COPRUNNER is saying, even though it's a new bike with 0 miles, make sure it hasn't been sitting on the showroom floor for a couple years with fuel in the tank. If it has been then you will start out with a new bike with the carbs prolly already gummed up.

Good luck with your deal, whichever way it goes. Keep us posted.

I guess I'm not buying a Vmax. I just went to the dealer and they would not come down below 11,400 OTD. Those people are goofy if they think they are going to get that. Its just pure greed. The funny part about it is they had nobody in the show room. I guess they rather starve. So be it.:bang head:

I'll buy one some day. Thanks for all the input you guy's gave me.

I'll just keep enjoying my CBX untill then.

Frank

I guess I'm not buying a Vmax. I just went to the dealer and they would not come down below 11,400 OTD. Those people are goofy if they think they are going to get that. Its just pure greed. The funny part about it is they had nobody in the show room. I guess they rather starve. So be it.:bang head:

I'll buy one some day. Thanks for all the input you guy's gave me.

I'll just keep enjoying my CBX untill then.

Frank

Ya they are way out of line with that price, especially at the end of the season. There is a whole for sale here http://www.vmaxforum.net/vbclassified.php?do=category&categoryid=2 at the Buy and Sell area of this forum, maybe there is something close to you.

Hey, there's always the one I saw on Cycle Trader--make him a 8800 offer--the rest will cover your gas going to get it!

I say them dealers are assholes and everyone here calls them asking

Do you have any VMAX's left on the floor?
Dealer: Why yes we do!!

How much are you asking for it?
Dealer: 11,200.00

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !! Does that include the 2 yr old gas in the tank and the flat spots on the tires from it sitting for the past 2 yrs. I will call you in another 2 yrs, BYE!! click........ dial tone..

Whats the number I will call them.. I get bored when I wake up while drinking my coffee.

Go for it, I'm done with them. (815)725-4666

They told me that they are the only dealer with a new 07 Vmax in the midwest and going to hold out for top dollar. They said someone having a mid life crisis will buy it.
They are so full of :bullshit:.

As I said someone going through a mid life crisis will see it and buy it, and drive it home to hear there wife say "WTF! I TOLD YOU NO MOTORCYCLE EITHER YOU GET RID OF IT BY THE END OF THE WEEK OR I AM GOING TO MY MOTHERS"
A week later for sale on EBAY

2007 Yamaha VMAX
Mint condition, 203 miles.
Wife says it has to go!
$9500.00 OBO
(807) Pussy-Whipped

I will call them tomorrow and get it on recording. Stay Tuned for Yankees Whacky Phone Call to Chicagos Motorcycle Dealer.

I agree 9k would be my limit out the door. I'd go in even lower.... say 8k out the door. After all it is 2 years old and now a discontinued model! :biglaugh:

There are 2 within 25 miles of me that $7999 will get with 1 & 8 miles.

Gary??? What about those Busa forks I sent you????

Neil

Go for it, I'm done with them. (815)725-4666

They told me that they are the only dealer with a new 07 Vmax in the midwest and going to hold out for top dollar. They said someone having a mid life crisis will buy it.
They are so full of :bullshit:.

Call Gary McCoy
[email protected]
toll free # 866-433-6635

Tell him Neil, Mark, or Gary sent you. If they don't have one on the floor, he will find one for you!

He's already ordered 10 (yes I said 10) of everything for the new model!!! Body panels, controls, Carbon, etc....

1997 should go easy and maybe even 2007!

Neil

Latest posts

Back