09 Vmax vs 09 Busa

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That new V-max sounds MEAN, even with stk exhaust! The Busa rider must be new to dragracing. Could'nt tell the exact time, but looked like a 10.teen or so. Thats way off the mark even at stk height like his was.
Looks like they had lots of fun!

I was the rider of the Vmax ... I beat the Busa three times ... Victor Gotay beat him once also on the Vmax ..
My best for the day was 10.14 @ 135 and Victor ran the best of a 10.04 .. I has jumping back and forth from my zx14 to the Vmax all night ..

Best of the night on my stock wheel base zx14 was 9.33 @ 148 with a 1.51 60 ..

09zx14933.jpg

No shit. I picked up this link from the VMOA chat list. who would have thought it. It looked like the new 09 was hooking up real well. What were you launching the 09 at rpm wise?

No shit. I picked up this link from the VMOA chat list. who would have thought it. It looked like the new 09 was hooking up real well. What were you launching the 09 at rpm wise?
I had no problems hooking the bike ... I even tried leaving at 6 grand and no spin ..Victor Gotay tried 8 grand on no spinning .But what we found out is the bike liked 3500 better ..
Something to do with the fly by wire keeps you from high RPM leaves ..The harder you try the worse it gets ... Leave soft and it puts down better numbers just like what happened to Dale Walker when he tested the 09 Vmax ..

Running 10.04 is better than walkers numbers correct? Nice runs.
Maybe with some after market exhaust and NOS we could have a Mid 9's ...Maybe...

Running 10.04 is better than walkers numbers correct? Nice runs.
Maybe with some after market exhaust and NOS we could have a Mid 9's ...Maybe...
10.04 was better than Dales numbers but the owner of the bike did remove the air filter .. I have no clue if that helped or hurt the numbers .. I think 9.70s with a pipe and P/C and a Race ECU to remove the limiters should do the job ...

I think if you could remove the fly by wire and put some throttle cables on the bike it would go easy high 9s just the way it is ...The problem is getting the bike to 60 foot ... With the fly by wire it feels like you have no input, controll , it just does what it wants and not what you want it to do..

wonder if anyone is trying to convert this over. That is a big hit from the sounds of it. Must have been a good time running that down the track. be it not as fast as you zx14...I would have enjoyed it..no doubt about it

wonder if anyone is trying to convert this over. That is a big hit from the sounds of it. Must have been a good time running that down the track. be it not as fast as you zx14...I would have enjoyed it..no doubt about it
Oh yes it's a blast .. It's like a 70 Olds 442 with a good old high compresson 455 under the hood ..:eusa_dance::punk:

I was the rider of the Vmax ... I beat the Busa three times ... Victor Gotay beat him once also on the Vmax ..
My best for the day was 10.14 @ 135 and Victor ran the best of a 10.04 .. I has jumping back and forth from my zx14 to the Vmax all night ..

Best of the night on my stock wheel base zx14 was 9.33 @ 148 with a 1.51 60 ..

09zx14933.jpg

Hey Smokinzx14,

You have any weight added to the front of your 14? Or anything relocated to the front? How much you weigh? Killer times for sure!

Hey Smokinzx14,

You have any weight added to the front of your 14? Or anything relocated to the front? How much you weigh? Killer times for sure!
No weight added to the front or anywhere for that matter ... My 09 zx14 has a pipe and NO p/c or tune ..Stock gears , stock air filter and stock tires .. 700 miles on the odom .. It is lowered and strapped and i weight in at 150 pounds race ready... My 06 zx14 stock wheel base with the same mods but with a P/C and tune went 9.18 @ 152 ... I took my 06 out to 62 inch wheel base and ran the best of 8.77@ 154 ..

Here is a video of my 09 zx14 .. The first run that you will see i got out of the grove and spun and just let off .. The second run was a 9.38 pass .. I had a small wheely coming out of the hole and let off just a bit ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO9vyLR6ts4

I think if you could remove the fly by wire and put some throttle cables on the bike it would go easy high 9s just the way it is ...The problem is getting the bike to 60 foot ... With the fly by wire it feels like you have no input, controll , it just does what it wants and not what you want it to do..
Very interesting insight there. Manual throttle or perhaps some more aggressive programming would be in order.

That's a kickass drag racing video! Thanks. It did get away a bit in 2nd, but you got it back. Everything happens fast. On that bike, at least...
No weight added to the front or anywhere for that matter ... My 09 zx14 has a pipe and NO p/c or tune ..Stock gears , stock air filter and stock tires .. 700 miles on the odom .. It is lowered and strapped and i weight in at 150 pounds race ready... My 06 zx14 stock wheel base with the same mods but with a P/C and tune went 9.18 @ 152 ... I took my 06 out to 62 inch wheel base and ran the best of 8.77@ 154 ..

Here is a video of my 09 zx14 .. The first run that you will see i got out of the grove and spun and just let off .. The second run was a 9.38 pass .. I had a small wheely coming out of the hole and let off just a bit ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO9vyLR6ts4

smokingzx14,

I'm thinking of running my new max at the 1/8 mile track in Sturgis SD this summer. I noticed the Vmax 1/8 mile time on your slip was just over 5.0?

How does this 1/8 mile time compare to the ZX14, Busa, B-King?

What tire pressure were you using on the vmax and do you need to do a burn out first if leaving at 3500rpm.

Thanks,

Maxout

Back