16 cylinder Yamaha?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is insane. Will make for an interesting video when that project comes to completion.

Nothing but admiration and envy of the skill needed to undertake such projects.
I hope he has more success than BRM did with the configuration!

I saw Jim Clark win the 1966 Formula 1 Grand Prix at Watkins Glen driving a Lotus which curiously-enough used a BRM H-16 as the Ford Cosworths were still under development. Lotus bought the BRM engine to use during the first year of the 3 liter unsupercharged/1.5 liter supercharged formula. It never won another race. http://www.motorsportsuniversity.com/2010/06/brm-h16-monster.html

Prior to that the Lotus and BRM teams used a Coventry Climax DOHC 4 cyl engine, which was developd from a fire-engine pump powerplant! I saw Graham Hill win an earlier Watkins Glen F-1 USGP w/that engine.

Nothing but admiration and envy of the skill needed to undertake such projects.
I hope he has more success than BRM did with the configuration!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 28
Reading up on this guy a little, he has built some V-8 Ferrari powered bikes (a little less refined to my eye) that have some Vmax DNA! Check out the attached article snip. Looks like the 'ol Ferrari is breathing through some Vmax carbs and putting power down with Vmax rear wheel. Nice!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 25
Reading up on this guy a little, he has built some V-8 Ferrari powered bikes (a little less refined to my eye) that have some Vmax DNA! Check out the attached article snip. Looks like the 'ol Ferrari is breathing through some Vmax carbs and putting power down with Vmax rear wheel. Nice!

I would love to see this redone with much cleaner lines. Also, I am wondering why he just did not use two sets of V-max carbs. If done right, he could have even had a working V-boost setup.

Also, if doin this today, I would use something different for a rear wheel. Something I can mount a 200/55ZR-17 to it, which is the stock rear size on a certain Italian V-4 superbike I have been lusting over.

Latest posts

Back