• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 1985 not running asking $1500

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mayle.ding

Reaction score
85 Max for sale, $1500. No time or place to work on it. Always has started right up until now. I've always started it and let it heat up. It has always run smoothly with no noises or misses, cruising or wide open. Sill turns over smoothly, but no start. Now I have to move, so the ride has to go. The only thing I know for sure is that the charging system is not functioning properly, but it has a new battery. No leaks, I replaced the o-ring at the bottom of the gas tank. 208-290-9402, call with any questions, but you cannot leave a message, I will return your call. Thanks, Chuck.

208 area code is Idaho, a bit of a drive for Captain Kyle, the Saviour of Old VMaxes. What are the last 4 numbers of the VIN? Pictures? Mileage? All those would help get you some response.

Someone somewhere near you will probably make an offer, if you told them the vicinity of your bike.

The Yamaha VMax bikes begin at #0101. Subtract that from your VIN # to see what yours was in that year's production run. The VIN's start over every year at 0101.

@ male.ding - It's really hard to tell if your bike is corroded or just dusty. If it is just dust, a quick spray with a degreaser, hose down, and then blow off with a leaf blower would probably get it sold lickety-split for you. Just a thought.

That's why I dropped the price so much, I knew that the people here don't have a clue what a VMax is. It is a sweet ride that I yearned for but had to wait until old age to get one. I finally did, and now I'm one of the lucky few. I hate to see it go, but life keeps twistin' and turnin'.

Sean has a package to use a Hyabusa 3 opposed pistons, single caliper, single brake rotor front end brake on the early 1985-1992 bikes. I think the caliper is a Tokico. Since I see two calipers and rotors, you have the high-zoot, heavy-duty brake kit! Now you can out-brake your other VMax owners, into Deadman's Curve.

1709245854307.png

"The street was deserted late Friday night

We were buggin' each other while we sat out the light

We both popped the clutch when the light turned green,

You should of heard the whine from my screamin' machine

I flew past LaBrea, Schwab's, and Crescent Heights

All the Jag could see were my six taillights"

Last edited:
Back