#2 mixture screw off from factory?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no man, the marks aren't loud, great sound, easy on the ears, well atleast riding next to them, you could ask the guys here with them but think they will say the same. The kerker can i got now thats a different story, as long as your in cruise its quite but twitch the wrist and well brain in blender is a good analogy.......and i love it :punk:

I don't know if I could keep a straight face while telling her that....she can read me pretty well after 21 years of my B.S.! We talk alot while riding, and I am afraid that a set of Marks pipes might be too loud/ear ringing. Maybe a set of turndowns would take care of it?

tips help a bit. see if mark can make u longer cans. I have 17" walker cans and love the sound.

Can't decide what to do...gotta daughter in community college, but the bike will finally be paid off in August! Love to take the pipe plunge, but like everyone in this economy,funds are tight.

Can't decide what to do...gotta daughter in community college, but the bike will finally be paid off in August! Love to take the pipe plunge, but like everyone in this economy,funds are tight.

Do some research 06, you may be able to recover a good portion of the cost by eBaying off your oem system. An '06 in good shape should be worth a few bucks....eh?

Do some research 06, you may be able to recover a good portion of the cost by eBaying off your oem system. An '06 in good shape should be worth a few bucks....eh?
Good thought but I am kinda funny about selling the oem stuff....I usually can't part with it due to the fact that "someday" I might want to go back to original! Hell, I still have the original windscreen from my 99 CBR that I forgot to give to the new owner when I sold the bike.

Good thought but I am kinda funny about selling the oem stuff....I usually can't part with it due to the fact that "someday" I might want to go back to original! Hell, I still have the original windscreen from my 99 CBR that I forgot to give to the new owner when I sold the bike.

Haha!! I know exactly what you mean....it was just a suggestion....I wouldn't sell it either, in fact, still have the one off my '99 in a box, overhead in the garage! :rofl_200:

Redbone, That video didn't help at all....it made me want it even MORE!!! Sounds friggin awesome!

My Mark's system has the 14'' cans with 2'' turndown tips on it. They are not too loud at all. There is an awesome rumble at idle and just enough noise in traffic when you open it up to slide through to open road. They can hear that something is happening, and then your gone!

Caution, You will become addicted to hearing the pipes when leaving a stoplight hard.

My Mark's system has the 14'' cans with 2'' turndown tips on it. They are not too loud at all. There is an awesome rumble at idle and just enough noise in traffic when you open it up to slide through to open road. They can hear that something is happening, and then your gone!

Caution, You will become addicted to hearing the pipes when leaving a stoplight hard.
Thanks, Thats exactly the system qualities I am looking for. Now if I could only decide between S.S. and steel/powdercoated black. The Stainless would be nice for having a long life with light weight, but the steel/powdercoated would look better but probably weigh a little more...and would be damaged by rock chips, which would allow the thing to start rusting! So many decisions!

Thanks, Thats exactly the system qualities I am looking for. Now if I could only decide between S.S. and steel/powdercoated black. The Stainless would be nice for having a long life with light weight, but the steel/powdercoated would look better but probably weigh a little more...and would be damaged by rock chips, which would allow the thing to start rusting! So many decisions!

Perhaps that $699 on special, price for the S/S will help you decide....eh? :ummm:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I know! Every time I get ready to pick up the phone, I change my friggin mind and back out. Maybe hearing some of them on the Pittsburgh run at the end of this month will help to seal the deal! With my luck, the sale will have ended by then.

however i believe they are temp sensor bungs, not 02 sniffer bungs. 02 sniffer is i believe an 18mm thread.

I still have the stock exhaust with individual bungs. I got a bolt like the one installed in it, drilled through the center, and attached a copper lead tube to it. I can then attach the small rubber tube from there (without melting it) to the tip of my sniffer.

I can only set one cylinder at a time, and this is very time consuming to do. I've always considered building a small brass cylinder device where I could have 4 small valves, attach all 4 cylinders to the device while the bike exhaust is still cool, and only reach under and select which cylinder to set with the flip of the right valve accordingly. The way I currently do it, the bike is kinda hot from setting the first carb when I have to disconnect my small homemade adapter to move it to the next cylinder.

IMO, this process is so time consuming that I don't do it very often. Lately, I have gotten just as good results, if i lower the idle rpm's enough to just keep it running, I tweek the air/fuel screw one at a time and get OK results. (I call this "doing it by ear".)

Great idea, but changing them to each pipe would for sure be a bitch when hot! I was reading in the "carb Bible" here about setting them by ear....turning out till idle changes, then back in till it changes again, then set point in between.

Latest posts

Back