2005 Stator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayterrence

Reaction score
Hello, it looks like I may need a new stator for the max. Some of the wires got messed up during a bad gasket change, and the grommet continues to leal after 3 failed attempts to seal the primary case. I am going to give it another go, see if I can repair the wires correctly, and try seal it all up with gasket maker rather than the OEM gasket.
I cannot find one for sale, not on any Yamaha site, eBay, amazon... nada!!! Anyone out there know where a fella can find one, preferably new?? Maybe Sean Morley?? I am gonna give him a shout about some brake lines....
any help would be great!

Clear the area thoroughly with acetone, do the case, the electrical lines and the rubber. Avoid a big glump of silicone sealer, you don't want any coming-off and end-up plugging your oil passages.

Yes to including the OEM gasket to be replaced. Do Not leave it off. As Kyle said, you need it.

Many a shade-tree mechanic learned the must-do gasket replacement the hard way, when the vehicle wouldn't run because it was left off. The ignition was shorting-out without the gasket. I saw it happen on a SOHC Honda and a SOHC Kawasaki twin.

Do not leave the factory gasket off ! It will bind the starter gears. After Market Motorsport Parts from Rick's Motorsport Electrics
Clear the area thoroughly with acetone, do the case, the electrical lines and the rubber. Avoid a big glump of silicone sealer, you don't want any coming-off and end-up plugging your oil passages.

Yes to including the OEM gasket to be replaced. Do Not leave it off. As Kyle said, you need it.

Many a shade-tree mechanic learned the must-do gasket replacement the hard way, when the vehicle wouldn't run because it was left off. The ignition was shorting-out without the gasket. I saw it happen on a SOHC Honda and a SOHC Kawasaki twin.
Alright, I did order the gasket today, so it will go on. Just have to spend some extra time on that grommet and get it sealed good. Thanks .

So here are some pictures of the Max with the primary cover removed, as you can see it is pretty clean. Also notice the bare wires, looking for some heat shrink for that repair. Gasket is ordered. Is acetone ok to use inside around the stator?? On a rag I am guessing...

Also, it seems the pipe with the radiator drain is leaking.... who carries these??

Attachments

• vmax.jpeg
    vmax.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax2.jpeg
    vmax2.jpeg
    228.1 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax3.jpeg
    vmax3.jpeg
    214.8 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax4.jpeg
    vmax4.jpeg
    203.7 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax5.jpeg
    vmax5.jpeg
    152.8 KB · Views: 0
  • vmax6.jpeg
    vmax6.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 0
That radiator drain just has an Oring in it . I have a generic oring kit that I can usually find the right size in. Take that screw out of the side and the center will pull out just watch it because there is a ball bearing and spring that will fall out.

Back