2010+ V-max ???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fast Freddy

Reaction score
i see that they are only making 2500 V-max's for 2009. is Yamaha gonna make the V-Max in 2010 and for the years following? if so how many V-max's do you think they will make in 2010 and in the following years to come?

the reason i ask is because i am not ready to buy the new MAX yet but maybe i would like to buy one in a couple years from now......

I'm sure they will make more in the future, especially if all 2500 units will be sold for this year. I don't see why they wouldn't make them if they're selling, they should maybe consider lowering the price to keep them going IMHO.

If they don't make any past 2009 I will just forget about trying to buy one because they will be so outragouesly priced I would never be able to afford one.
Mama Yamaha has not put all these years developement into the new Vmax just to do a one time, limited production run. She will milk this Vmax production until we run dry of cash! Meanwhile I'll keep buying into my early retirement fund in the hopes I can get one sooner than later!

I'm sure they will make more with all the tooling cost and investment in accessories.

if i were to buy the new V-Max right now i would have to sell my 2004 V-Max and i don't want to do that :sad2: maybe in 4 years i might be willing to sell my old max and get the new max :ummm: or maybe i will just keep my old max and buy the new max too :th_bfxbfxvfxv:

if i were to buy the new V-Max right now i would have to sell my 2004 V-Max and i don't want to do that :sad2: maybe in 4 years i might be willing to sell my old max and get the new max :ummm: or maybe i will just keep my old max and buy the new max too :th_bfxbfxvfxv:
Similer situation here Freddy, I plan on hanging on to the old girl for quite a while to come. I just dropped a small pile of money into it to tide me over until i can afford a new Max. I'm sure they will continue to make them and I plan on waiting a couple more years so that all the early adopters can weed out the bugs. :biglaugh:

I kinda get the feeling that the 2500 number is bogus.
Not that they won't sell that many in the first year or two, but that 2500 is the projected sales from comparing years past.

Once the new wears off, I see them selling the same average to the Vmax cult, and the collectors and newbs will fall by the wayside.
I think the 2500 is just what they have been selling per year and there's no reason to increase production.
Just my 2 cents.

Look at it this way. If there is a major recalll on the new 09 VMAX they only have to put out for 2500. To me it sounds they arent real confident with it. Not enough test time most likely.

I kinda get the feeling that the 2500 number is bogus.
Not that they won't sell that many in the first year or two, but that 2500 is the projected sales from comparing years past.

Once the new wears off, I see them selling the same average to the Vmax cult, and the collectors and newbs will fall by the wayside.
I think the 2500 is just what they have been selling per year and there's no reason to increase production.
Just my 2 cents.

+1 on that. 2500 a year for the next 23 years:ummm:

I had read that they came up with the 2500 number based on the sales for the last few years of the Gen 1 Vmax. I'm sure if they sold out they would produce more.

Well considering what happened in europe and japan with the original V-Max, I would most definitely try to snap one of these 1st generation new monsters if I could afford it!
This one is so mental I can foresee some eurocrats and other retards trying to 'tone it down' and take power away from it..

I know this Japanese guy that works in the Yamaha factory that said Yamaha is definitely planning on manufacturing more V-Maxes in 2010.

Look at it this way. If there is a major recalll on the new 09 VMAX they only have to put out for 2500. To me it sounds they arent real confident with it. Not enough test time most likely.

I don't think so, this bike has been in development for 10 years! Think they pretty well have it tested out. Oh, by the way, the press has several articles out their and they all LOVE it (understatement)

This is my favorite, check it out:

www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx...leID=6974&Page=1

Well considering what happened in europe and japan with the original V-Max, I would most definitely try to snap one of these 1st generation new monsters if I could afford it!
This one is so mental I can foresee some eurocrats and other retards trying to 'tone it down' and take power away from it..

I Agree! :clapping:

I don't think so, this bike has been in development for 10 years! Think they pretty well have it tested out. Oh, by the way, the press has several articles out their and they all LOVE it (understatement)

This is my favorite, check it out:

www.motorcycle-usa.com/Article_Page.aspx...leID=6974&Page=1

They tested the 85 too, and ask a lot of folks about 2nd gear. All the testing in the world can only get you so far. People will abuse this bike in ways Yamaha hasn't even begun to think of. I think we need to give one to Lankee to test out!!!!

They tested the 85 too, and ask a lot of folks about 2nd gear. All the testing in the world can only get you so far. People will abuse this bike in ways Yamaha hasn't even begun to think of. I think we need to give one to Lankee to test out!!!!

I'm sure he wouldn't complain! I've got dibs next!

Latest posts

Back