2022 MT-10 answer to no more MAX??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ouchez

Reaction score
I have just digested the info on the new MT-10 and I must say if you like performance in a new upright naked bike this 2022 kicks AZZ!!!!

O

nice performance maybe but I want want something nice to look at too and it won't come in the form of another 'Johnny 5' clone

"A ride-by-wire throttle that’s aided by a six-axis IMU to enable a full suite of rider aids. Wheelie control, engine-brake control, cornering ABS, cornering traction control, and Yamaha’s SCS slide control system are all standard. Four riding modes provide presets for the rider-aid systems, though they’re individually adjustable if you want to delve deeper into the settings. There are also four power modes for the engine and throttle response."

467 lbs and 163.6 bhp, torque increases from 81.9 pound-feet to 82.6 pound-feet, peaking at 11,500 rpm and 9,000 rpm respectively.

The looks aren't appealing to me the way a Gen. 1 is, but compared to the Gen. 1 it's -130 lbs and +nearly 20 HP, probably more-than that at the rear wheel, and with all those rider aids, it's a lot-better bike. The 2021 was ~$13K, so I expect the 2022 to be somewhere close to that. Bike available next year. That's only 50 days to 1-1-2022.

1636641937826.png

Last edited:
If this is the answer to why we don't get a 2021 Vmax then the question is stupid. The bike itself, though, isn't horrible...except maybe those blue wheels :eek:

These are nice bikes plenty of power but just doesnt do it for me. I'm 68. I'd probably take the big Honda over this or buy a Gen 2 if I were buying. Sold my 94 max several years ago, but still have my ZL900 Eliminator and my 05 V4 Royal Star Tour DeLuxe. And for the kind of riding I do thats plenty. I'll NEVER sell the Royal Star

Attachments

• rstd10.JPG
    rstd10.JPG
    241.6 KB · Views: 25
  • rstd11.JPG
    rstd11.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 24
It's special from my point of view that the more I look at it, the more I like it. Very few bikes have done that for me. The G1 & G2 captured me that way. That engine with water & oil cooling, and all that power to weight advantage would probably sit at any speed or conditions you could throw at it, and still sit there as 'snug as a bug in a rug'. It's not a 'beast in beast clothing' as I describe a G1, but it has something special, and it appears to be the engine.

These are nice bikes plenty of power but just doesnt do it for me. I'm 68. I'd probably take the big Honda over this or buy a Gen 2 if I were buying. Sold my 94 max several years ago, but still have my ZL900 Eliminator and my 05 V4 Royal Star Tour DeLuxe. And for the kind of riding I do thats plenty. I'll NEVER sell the Royal Star
TBird, I am 71 and the far lesser weight of this MT 10 means alot to me, and then all that HP and torque and handling has gotta be a major thrill. Still sucks the gas though depending on how you drive, but if I did get one I doubt I would do over 1000 miles a year, but that is ok with me.

TBird, I am 71 and the far lesser weight of this MT 10 means alot to me, and then all that HP and torque and handling has gotta be a major thrill. Still sucks the gas though depending on how you drive, but if I did get one I doubt I would do over 1000 miles a year, but that is ok with me.
I only done about 300 miles last year total bike riding, but would love to try this piece of kit out for a couple of thousand miles. Any bike I’ve owned I take to near limits so I can feel at one with the bike at all speeds and situations, but I think it would be the end of my days if I dared take this lump of bike to its limits. Power, handling and for the last few years sitting position just does it for me over and over.

Majority of the riding I do now is just simple cruising I LIKE the weight of my Royal Star vs the wind and all the semis she holds the road real nice. But then again other than the early days I have always had large heavy bikes. The Venture is an exception as to me it's too top heavy with that fairing but the Tour Deluxe is fine. And on the days when I want to get assy there sits my Eliminator so I'm covered. I'm sure I'd love this MT10 but doubly sure knowing me it'd spend the majority of it's time sitting in the garage.

I have just digested the info on the new MT-10 and I must say if you like performance in a new upright naked bike this 2022 kicks AZZ!!!!

O
For the first time Yama has brought the MT-10 SP to the USA! I believe now this is because they have no VMAX and this is meant to replace it here in the USA. The specs are now up on the YAMA USA site,,and holy sh## what a machine it is!

Back