8.87 156.82mph

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The winter 2010 VMOA V-BOOST magazine has an in depth write up about this. He reduced weight, frontal area drag, increased output, removed or disabled limiters. He doesn't give specifics ,but says things like he used non stock injection and ignition. If you can get a gen.1 into the 9's. Then why is it so hard to believe you can get a gen.2 with 50% more displacement into the eights?

The winter 2010 VMOA V-BOOST magazine has an in depth write up about this. He reduced weight, frontal area drag, increased output, removed or disabled limiters. He doesn't give specifics ,but says things like he used non stock injection and ignition. If you can get a gen.1 into the 9's. Then why is it so hard to believe you can get a gen.2 with 50% more displacement into the eights?[/QUOT

Has a stock sized motor made it into the 9's? Gen 1 I'm talking. I realize lots of massaging involved for the 10's.
Steve

Somewhere I've got an old bike magazine that took a Vmax and I think a Suzuki 1150 and a Kawaski and saw what it took to get into the 9's. I think the max was a 4 into 1 header, dynajet kit, slick, wheelie bar. I think that was it, plus pro prep and rider. The others took big bore barrels and pistons, carbs, ported heads, headers, slicks, bars. The Vmax was hands down the easiest and cheapest to get there.

Somewhere I've got an old bike magazine that took a Vmax and I think a Suzuki 1150 and a Kawaski and saw what it took to get into the 9's. I think the max was a 4 into 1 header, dynajet kit, slick, wheelie bar. I think that was it, plus pro prep and rider. The others took big bore barrels and pistons, carbs, ported heads, headers, slicks, bars. The Vmax was hands down the easiest and cheapest to get there.

Yup, that was the "Takin' it to the 9's."
The Vmax had a prototype Kerker 4-2-1, Prototype Jydojet stg. 7, Kosman spoked wheels, and a (at the time) prostock slick (click on the thumbnail to see the bike) . It ran mid 9's with Jay Gleason on board.

about 16 years back, Paul's rider put a street driven, chained, turbo vmax in the mid 8's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh7rI3M7W38

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 5
I have that issue....if I can finally remember I'll scan the pages in and post them here.

Also have a few other bike rag comparo's with the v-max from the late eighties, and one from IIRC the early 90's. The p/o of my bike collected every bit of literature he could find on the bike, and gave me a big ass file folder filled with it.

Back