9.98 @145 mph

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Well finally got a decent run out of the Busa.

The rear tire totally did NOT hook up. I ran 18 psi near the end and still was spinning the tire. I was short shifting to keep from spinning. Which helped and kept the bike more stable.

I spun hard on a run , ran a 10.02 @ 148 mph, in 4 th gear, enough to push the back end of the bike over about 2 feet and smoke the tire. That was kinda scary.

Bottom line, a high 9 is not acceptable to me. But to know that spinning the tire in almost every gear and still running 148 mph tells me I have easy low 9's as soon as I get more then 8 passes on the bike LOL:biglaugh:

1013105_609023542464688_1099864313_n.jpg

The 9.98 run, the bike hit red line temp at the staging lanes just after the burnout. It was my last pass, so I figured I better get some air moving around it.

Lots of bottom lines with this bike.

1 The bike is too long to use anything but a slick on the rear, anything less and it blows the tire off.

2 My license plate was hitting my tire all the way down the track, the rear shock and spring have to be replaced with something that will work better.

3 Air shifter broke a seal 2 nd pass, all runs were foot shifted, no big deal, but have to fix that.

4 Need a two step and a shift light.

5 Need a shoot out tire or run my slick and change my sprocket in the rear to compensate for the increased slick height.

Once I hit low 9's high 8's on a daily ridden street bike, I think I might turn up the boost pressure to 8-10 psi and see if I can hit mid 8's with it.

If I can figure out a few problems I am having on the street, which is first and foremost, I ll keep the bike and atempt my goals above. I think I can figure out the bike and have a solid every day rider that is streetable and capable of mid 8's.

1073299_609023415798034_742466762_o.jpg

Even though it isn't where you want it yet at least it is heading in the right direction. Probably will have one more set of runs to iron out any other bugs from modifications you make after these results then you should have a golden setup. Best of luck with the work ahead of you!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah once the streetability problem is cured, I ll be happy. It will be easy enough ton put a slick on it and have low 9's possibly high 8's. I think maybe a hook up tire would work better than the stealth tire does. That might allow me to get mid to low 9's on a street tire. Regardless my goal is a high 8 second street bike that I can ride to the track and rip off some quick times and ride home.

Have you tried to launch in second gear?

If I had your machines, I'd make a link to replace the shock (just for racing)

What RPMs/gear at 145? I'm guessing you were no where near topped out. If you could get a SMALLER countershaft sprocket and launch in 2nd, you would move your shift points closer together near top end and , I'd bet, drop your times a little and get a few more mph. I think you should be able to get the 60 foot times under 1.5. with a little work.

On Whos Chicken too (1300cc 2 valve suzy with 12" slick) I turned under 1.2 60 foor times, and if I remember right on my first 200 MPH run it was like 1.08 60 footer

Congrats....LOL...and I know you...you wont rest until it performs the way that you want. Thanks for the update.

I have a stealth 003 on it now, that's the one that spins. It also doesn't spin too bad out of the hole it, its mostly after second gear when the turbo spools.

I have a stealth 003 on it now, that's the one that spins. It also doesn't spin too bad out of the hole it, its mostly after second gear when the turbo spools.

Is it the Usoft or the regular 003? You might wanna try the hookup drag radial but it'll kinda handle like shit cause they are made with a really flat profile...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I ll have to double check, I believe it was a usoft. The hook up is what everyone recommended to me besides the slide ( which is a Shinko reactor ).

I ll have to double check, I believe it was a usoft. The hook up is what everyone recommended to me besides the slide ( which is a Shinko reactor ).

Yea if a hookup don't do it then you'll have to go with a slick or put a trick clutch in it...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

It has Brocks mod in it. And I don't want to go to far with drag strip mods with it. So a slick might be the way I go when I want to seriously bracket race it. But I think I wilk try the hook up and go from there. I have the slick mounted already so I ll try that out. But I want ride in race ride out. And a slick won't do that. But if the slick gets me low 9's high 8's then i ll stop there most likely and just ride it or sell it and buy a gen 2 busa.

When not running a wheelie bar you can generally get plenty of down force. By far the most popular tire on the drag bikes around here (including high six second 200+mph) is the Shinko shoot out tires.

Don't go with a Hookup use a power 1 , the hookup slowed my times down on my Busa , Just some info on her Carpenter 1397 ,6 over and down 2 inches all around 16/42 , If you are getting the plate you need to get a tiger tail on it like I have and get you shock revalved for your weight and stretch , I got mine done at http://tracstore.myshopify.com/pages/suspension-service-2#.UfVv1IzD-Uk Mark

Back