"99" is for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations on the transactions.

Why didn't you just use the headlight adjustment screws to aim the lights 'down' for the trip? Cops like to give tickets for people using their brights, especially if you are behind them!

The adjuster mechanisms are screwed up and I decided to chance the ticket rather than take a chance on breaking those little machines....think I priced them at $90 each a few years ago. Believe the ticket would have been cheaper! :rofl_200:
LOL, mine have been screwed up since I've owned her! With my fiberglass topper on it raised the dims just enough to bug some but not all drivers.

Yeah, a little Timmy, but you know how it is Brother....you do what you have to.

There's a sunny side tho, Heidi loves the Spyder and even asks when we can go for a ride....so, as much as I loved roaming thru the mountains on '99, it's even more fun roaming thru the mountains with my beautiful wife with me! :punk:
Congrats on the sale and your new riding partner! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

The dim lights on my truck burned out on the way home so I had to leave them on bright....either that or 'stealth' mode (which didn't seem wise :biglaugh:) so after 3 hours of oncoming drivers 'flashing me off' it was nice to get home! :worthy:

They say it takes a good man to laugh at himself....I don't know about that but I do find myself in these huge belly laughs quite often.....seemingly for no apparrent reason.............:confused2:

Anyhow, in my GMC P/U, there is a large stretchable cord going to the BOSS snow plow control, which is velcro'd to the dash. This cord passes directly over the "Truck - Plow" rocker switch which directs the power to the plow tower lights (if attached) or truck lights if the plow is not attached.

The BOSS plow was sitting in the barn back at BRC at the time of this trip.....ya get where this is going?

Yup, I remember noticing that the velcro was coming off the dash so I reached up and pressed, wiggled, jiggled the control so the velcro would re-stick.....which it did! But, that wasn't all it did, the wiggling and jiggling jostled the cord enough to flip that little rocker switch to "Plow"....which, as noted, was roughly 150 miles north of the truck at the time! So.....no plow, no lights!!

I noticed this after trudging up to Chatham, getting a couple new bulbs, trudging back and carving my hands all up replacing the drivers side bulb, only to find the new one didn't work either!!

Did I immediately fall into fits of laughter.....no! Am I laughing now.....no, but I'm beginning to see some humor in the whole mess! :rofl_200:

My apologies to that long list of pissed off drivers I left in my wake Saturday night.....it's really not my fault.....these things happen!! :worthy:

i think i ve seen you re-sticking that controller once or twice dan-o......but this is the funniest thing ive heard so far this am and thank you for thet ears or laughter hahahahha sorry its at your expense but thats just way to funny and would have been awesome to see you chg both bulbs to only find out it was the switch hahahah guess your smart enough to test one at a time eh

i think i ve seen you re-sticking that controller once or twice dan-o......but this is the funniest thing ive heard so far this am and thank you for thet ears or laughter hahahahha sorry its at your expense but thats just way to funny and would have been awesome to see you chg both bulbs to only find out it was the switch hahahah guess your smart enough to test one at a time eh

Well Rov....if I was that smart I'd probly noticed the "Plow/Truck" switch a couple hundred miles before I did....right? :doh:

7K+ of posts, congratulations! Are you gonna look in here sometimes?

7K+ of posts, congratulations! Are you gonna look in here sometimes?

Hell, I'm a fixture here F/M....I'm the same asshole I always was, just don't have a V Max anymore, is all! Some of my very best friends on the whole planet are right here....I can't go anywhere, besides....who would even have me?
uhm00000.gif

Edit: Jee-zum....7500 posts as of right now!! Kinda a mouthy asshole too, it seems! :rofl_200:

Attachments

• 100_2693.jpg
    100_2693.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 25
Hey Danny, Looks like it might be getting cold up there. you got a heater on that puppy ?

In a sense, Paul....there are vents right above the headers for heat dissapation and the heat comes up on my legs....the guys in Arizona don't like it but up here, it's perfect! Makes the old knees ache like hell but if I can't move my legs at a red light, I can just sit there.
Plus I put some Symtec grip heaters on her....so, bring it on!! :biglaugh:

plus i hear he's got a one of a kind slick heating system that keeps his back nice and toasty warm...........:punk:

That picture looks like your ready for some cold weather up there Danny! Put some skis on the front and a set of chains for the rear, and you can ride year-round!

Back