"99" is for sale

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That picture looks like your ready for some cold weather up there Danny! Put some skis on the front and a set of chains for the rear, and you can ride year-round!

I surely would Bob if it wasn't for all the friggin' salt they use!! Come spring all there'd be left......a couple pieces of plastic....maybe the windshield! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

LOL, so true! I don't even think about taking my bike out until after a few good drenching rains wash all that crap off the roads.

Is that the manual or "se5" electric shift model? Don't tell me you wussed out and went from a nitro-fueled v-max to an automatic shifting granny-mobile. That clutch lever is your last link to motorcycle dignity. :rofl_200:

Is that the manual or "se5" electric shift model? Don't tell me you wussed out and went from a nitro-fueled v-max to an automatic shifting granny-mobile. That clutch lever is your last link to motorcycle dignity. :rofl_200:

:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: I agree with you 100% RA! :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

It's an SM5, manual 5 spd., with plenty of room in the 'frunk' for a nitrous bottle....altho a simple chip or re-map (or some such voo-doo shit) will turn it into a real beast!

It's the same basic motor the 143 hp Aprilla has.

holy crap. how did i miss this thread? sorry to hear that you need to give up your max. the effjayar, too, huh? hey the spyder ain't all that bad. as long as you're still in the wind, right? good luck with the sales..and stay active--i've always enjoyed your posts and could always count on your advice, opinions, comments, suggestions.

holy crap. how did i miss this thread? sorry to hear that you need to give up your max. the effjayar, too, huh? hey the spyder ain't all that bad. as long as you're still in the wind, right? good luck with the sales..and stay active--i've always enjoyed your posts and could always count on your advice, opinions, comments, suggestions.

Thanks Janeer! I'm good with the whole deal tho....don't want to hang on so long that I end up with a couple cute little chicks picking my Max up off me at a red light or something.....GAWD!....the embarassment!!

I like the Spyder, it's a ton of fun and there's a real possibility that I'll grab a fixer upper Max if one comes along....resurrect her...get another one in the wind.

Plus I'm keeping the '85 XJ700X, if I can't ride it I'll trailer & show it....they are pretty scarce I guess.

Attachments

• 100_2566.jpg
    100_2566.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 15
Hmm, when I test drove a spyder my thought was "it's pretty fun, but could use another 30-40hp to be really entertaining". Didn't know it was based off an Aprilla mill....probably "re-tuned" for touring or some such nonsense. That seems to be the fad these days....take the top-shelf screamer motors, whack about 40% off the HP, and stick them in the more pedestrian models.

140hp, and I bet you could fit a big-ass blue bottle in it's "frunk". Plus then Johnny Law wouldn't be able to see it! Talk about a sleeper.

At least your still riding, period. You'll always be a Vmaxer at heart and a valued member here. Alot of guys would have just hung it up and gave up riding altogether. I admire your spirit in the sense that your not giving up riding your just adjusting to your situation. We have students at the Dojo that get hurt and give up. then there's the students that stick to the long term plan and adjust their workout accordingly. The latter are the true Martial artists opposed to those who just wanna learn Karate. Like they say " it's all how you look at it" perception is everything. Good luck. And those Spyders look like they'd be fun as hell to ride.

At least your still riding, period. You'll always be a Vmaxer at heart and a valued member here. Alot of guys would have just hung it up and gave up riding altogether. I admire your spirit in the sense that your not giving up riding your just adjusting to your situation. We have students at the Dojo that get hurt and give up. then there's the students that stick to the long term plan and adjust their workout accordingly. The latter are the true Martial artists opposed to those who just wanna learn Karate. Like they say " it's all how you look at it" perception is everything. Good luck. And those Spyders look like they'd be fun as hell to ride.

Thanks man....you hit it right on the head! Life is full of changes and adjustments....this is just one of them.

And yeah, the Spyder is a pisser to drive, I'm really enjoying it.

Thanks man....you hit it right on the head! Life is full of changes and adjustments....this is just one of them.

And yeah, the Spyder is a pisser to drive, I'm really enjoying it.
i YOU ARE SO , SO , WRIGHT " DAN-O " , I HAVE TO KEEP ADJUSTING MINE TO THE LEFT ! . :biglaugh: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200: . :rofl_200:

I like what you said eariler,Just turning the page.Wish you the best with everything.It dosen;t matter if you get a moped trike.What does matter is that your happy;Thank you for being who you are.THANKS FOR BEING A FRIEND!BEST OF LUCK

Latest posts

Back