Air Filters

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WVxNitemare

Reaction score
Guys,
I'm at 13,000 KM now and just replaced the plugs. Figured I'd replace the air filter too. Anyone ever used the UNI air filters? If so what are they like vs a K&N filter? Or BMC for that matter. Thanks,

I would avoid those. Friend used 'em on his flat slides and they caught fire.

Agreed, Not a fan of the UNI. I do have a used K&N on hand if you are interested.

Sean

I have a BMC on my SV and it's a great filter. Wish they made one for the Vmax. I guess they didn't make the bike long enough to make it worth their while... lol

K&N is a great one!

Chris

i'd sell you the one I just took out of a 9,000 mile 2002 bike 2 weeks ago. $30 plus shipping. He even gave me the original box that it came with (he installed it a few years ago so not many miles on it).

Sean Morley

i'd sell you the one I just took out of a 9,000 mile 2002 bike 2 weeks ago. $30 plus shipping. He even gave me the original box that it came with (he installed it a few years ago so not many miles on it).

Sean Morley

Damn I just bought a new one on Monday, shoulda known someone would have one here :bang head:

Had the K&N since shortly after I got the Max. There is a K&N on every vehical I own. If your bike is mostly stock, some folks recomend removing the "Y" on the top of the air box. When I did this it seemed to loose a bit of low end punch. I raised the "Y" rather than removing it. I got about 3/8" taller by filliing the space in which it rests with a thick [ 1/8th"] piece of rubber and using longer screws. Low end is good--- top end is good( like having the "Y" removed)

Just my .02,
Lew

Latest posts

Back