Another one

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for the record....I have no problem with a reasonable approach to stopping these horrific killings. What I do have a problem with is this ridiculous notion that eliminating guns will eliminate violence. It won't.
Blindly following the rantings of a limp dick, two faced lying potus, and others like him, is not going to get anything accomplished....they are furthering their own agendas....plain & simple.
If there is ANY hope of reeling this in the real problems need identifying
---we are involved in a domestic war with a large faction of violent people who wish to eliminate us from the planet
---the mental health system in this country is a shambles
---drugs and street crime are completely out of control
---the criminal justice system is rapidly circulating the drain
---confidence in political leadership is gone and rightfully so

Massive, far-reaching problems....no doubt, going to take some serious work to overcome, if that's even possible.

But this head up asshole approach that "we have to start somewhere' or "if it saves one life it's worth it" and all those other leftist slogans is just as ridiculous as "you'll get my gun when you pry my cold dead fingers from the trigger"!

This is an emotional issue for everyone involved.

Anyhow, I'm done talking.....got a bunch of .45 cal. 185 gr JHP's to load up. :rant:

Seems a few "crack headed politicians" are trying to keep suspected terrorists from obtaining guns legally, but the introduced bill is being fought tooth and nail by -you guessed it - the NRA!
yes - these same suspected terrorists are going to get firearms in any case, but why would they want to get them illegally, when they can purchase them legitimately, and have the permits to show the authorities if challenged?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...revent-suspected-terrorists-from-buying-guns/
Cheers!

Bottom line....this can be spun anyway that you want. There are people in this country that dont want the populace to have guns. Since they were purchased legally...then people will say that they laws are too lax, and so bad people can buy guns legally, so all guns need to be locked up. If the weapons were purchased illegally, then it would be said, that we have too many guns in this country, and that they all need to be locked up. So.....spin it anyway you want.

BUT....how do you explain the pipebombs?

So Dave....are you implying that by owning guns, honest responsible gun owners are somehow contributing to the insanity....and therefore required "to do something about it?"

That's that 'high horse' attitude I mentioned before....comes from the old hippy days I guess eh...."If you aren't part of the solution....you're part of the problem"!

Sorry bud....it don't work that way. :eusa_snooty:

I hear few, if any solutions from the anti 2nd amendment voices,Dan-o. They are more interested in grandstanding for their own agenda and spreading discontent on peaceful places, like forums, under the guise of free speech. Yes it is their right and I support free speech. I propose a repeal of all unreasonable laws that effect the right to hunt or protect ourselves. Example is the 10 round max. law gaining popularity fast. Or the registration needed to just buy even civil war error ammo. in some states. Yes, lead round balls for the loud but uneducated.This eliminates many of the firearms sold for self protection. Or those that are needed to counter a home invasion. A fully automatic machine gun is allowed to be owned with proper paper work. Where is the outcry?
Stating in Chicago, the Federal Gov't should fund a voluntary gun buy back program- sample. It's going to be expensive. Start at $500, no questions asked, no prosecution, cash pay out. This is aimed at the people that would rather have a nice chuck of cash than a beat up Sat. night special they bought for peanuts. Make it a grand if need be. Check results in one year. It might cost millions, but millions are wasted on things with zero benefit. Once bought, it's out of the hands of an irresponsible, untrained person, and destroyed if that is the compromise needed to get a bill through. Move on to NY & Los Angeles next. I'm willing to bet the serious legal gun owner won't be selling his $800 Browning to the Gov't. Guns in the wrong hands will be cut way back. Or we can listen to the hot air from people with no solutions, just accusations.
Steve

This research totally contradicts the notion that all the country has to do is enforce the existing laws.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sa...-used-mass-shootings-obtained-legally-n474441
I didn't see where anyone posted anything. I'm off this and the rest of your threads. Can't have an honest discussion.....you will twist what ever conclusion. All that any of us is doing by replying is feeding you and giving you a purpose. Your days must be boring if you don't have threads to answer back too.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Funny how Dave is all over any violence in the US, but ignores or denies all reports of the heinous goings-on in his beloved Mexico.

Dave if Mexico is safer then the US then please explain how these 2 Australian surfers managed to drive from Edmonton, Canada and across the United States safely only to end up shot and burnt on the side of the road in Mexico.
http://news.yahoo.com/mexico-arrests-three-suspected-murders-australian-surfers-224845152.html

I can't. I wasn't with them.:rofl_200:
But here is a Australian politician calling for travel warnings for the U.S.
http://mic.com/articles/129707/top-...vel-warning-for-us-after-shootings#.oxDfrb4Pn

I can't. I wasn't with them.:rofl_200:
But here is a Australian politician calling for travel warnings for the U.S.
http://mic.com/articles/129707/top-...vel-warning-for-us-after-shootings#.oxDfrb4Pn
So you think it's humorous that 2 people were shot and burnt just for driving down the road in Mexico ?

And the Australian Government already issued a Travel Advisory for Mexico:
http://smartraveller.gov.au/countries/mexico
As so did Canada:
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/travel-warnings/
And so has the UK and New Zealand and I'm sure there are plenty of other countries that advise against visiting Mexico as well.
But why would that be, since Mexico has such strict gun laws.
It must be because those laws don't work, criminals have guns and people get shot in Mexico regularly.

Don't own a gun, don't want one. Not looking for an argument, or to be bashed by gun owners.. My question is this.. Do you believe the men who wrote the second amendment could have IMAGINED the destructive power of today's weapons? They were basing the amendment on weapons that might have been able to fire once or twice a minute, not multiple shots per second. Hop into a time machine and show these guys an AK, I'd bet they may have had second thoughts.

Bashing and name calling a fellow member of this forum for expressing an opinion you disagree with doesn't make you look too good, or reasonable, either. Last I knew, the Constitution protected free speech..

Could the writers of the second ammendment have imagined the power of a modern rifle?

ABSOLUTELY. Many fought to the death and were witnesses to the effects of .70 caliber muskets as well as canon fire, grape shot and exploding munitions. These men knew EXACTLY what the weapons of war did when a tyranical government unleashed them on the citizenry. They saw it first hand.
They created the constitution to build the first country that gauranteed freedom and the power to self govern, as well as explicitely providing the means for the people to fight to the death to protect the lives of their friends and family as well as their own. And to preserve freedom.
I for one am sick and tired of statists, marxists, and useful idiots pretending they are the intellegencia of our world. It has never worked anywhere, and has been directly responsible for death, suffering, and horrible standards of living and poverty.
These mentally challenged apparatchics are idiots, and I am going to say it.

By the way, the sub forum says anything goes. I think pointing out marxist ideology fits within that description by any means of examination.

I support free speech for morons, as well as the right to refute their illogical rants.:merrychristmas:

Last edited by a moderator:
This research totally contradicts the notion that all the country has to do is enforce the existing laws.
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/sa...-used-mass-shootings-obtained-legally-n474441

Yes, as you point out David the idiots that wrote that article are unable to understand terrorism at all. As the prelude to some bone headed suggestion that terrorists can be stopped by gun control, they post statistics that have nothing to do with what just occurred. They propose laws that wont stop anything, and bask in the self created glow of their brilliance.

Only problem is it doesnt work. It didnt work in France, it didnt work in the terror attack in Boston, or on the WTC. Anywhere.

But great article buddy!

So you think it's humorous that 2 people were shot and burnt just for driving down the road in Mexico ?

And the Australian Government already issued a Travel Advisory for Mexico:
http://smartraveller.gov.au/countries/mexico
As so did Canada:
http://www.cbc.ca/news2/interactives/travel-warnings/
And so has the UK and New Zealand and I'm sure there are plenty of other countries that advise against visiting Mexico as well.
But why would that be, since Mexico has such strict gun laws.
It must be because those laws don't work, criminals have guns and people get shot in Mexico regularly.

What I thought was humorous was the stupid question you asked. What I do understand is that those two fellows, as tragic as that is, got themselves in the wrong place. There were local warnings out for that area. Heavy cartel presence, and from what I read people have been arrested for it. Who knows what those two guys were doing and why they were at that spot.

So no one has to worry about refugees bringing in ISIS, we have home grown terrorists.
As those that clamor for more guns, thinking somehow it will make you safer, it actually makes you less safe.

I don't quite understand what you're getting at with the second sentence there Dave but totally agree with the first one....and have been voicing exactly that for a while.

It's good thatyou agree we have terrorists inside our borders (I'm referring to the USA). And of course their mission is to create terror. The best way to accomplish this is to seek out soft targets and massacre them in the most horrific way possible. It's a successful methodology proven many times over.

So let me ask you a simple question, two simple questions actually, nothing tricky just yes or no ones.....do you think Adam Lanza would have committed his horrible act if there were armed people in or near Sandy Hook Elem. Doesn't matter who, cops, teachers, armed guards, a handful of Dad's comparing weapons out in the parking lot....whoever.
Yes or No

In view of the recent terrorist attack in CA do you think this is a good time for the USA to convey to the world that we are attempting to 'soften' our populace further by enacting stronger gun legislation.
Yes of No

What I thought was humorous was the stupid question you asked. What I do understand is that those two fellows, as tragic as that is, got themselves in the wrong place. There were local warnings out for that area. Heavy cartel presence, and from what I read people have been arrested for it. Who knows what those two guys were doing and why they were at that spot.

Blame the victims Dave....clever!

The way I see it, this deal is evolving....it isn't about guns, gun control, religion, 'known' terrorist ties or workplace violence....those are just meaningless labels. It's about self protection and survival. It makes no difference whether a known international terrorist or some street punk looking for an easy score fires the bullet that blows your head apart....the result is the same.

One thing everyone seems to agree on is that we are facing an unprecedented level of violence in this country. It makes no difference what method you choose to protect yourself and your family but it's probly a good idea to come up with something.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/05/us/liberty-university-urges-armed-students/

This college is taking a page from ulster county sheriffs. I have 2 nephews on that campus. There encouraging students with carry permit, to carry. Also offering pistol permit classes on the campus.

punk0000.gif
By the way, Wal-Mart is selling guns & ammo at a record pace, I'm sure many Mom &Pop gun stores are too. Many people are not feeling very safe in their homes anymore. Others are expecting more gun control legislation & worse. The anti-gun agenda is counter productive to their own cause. Tonight the lame duck makes another hot air speech. I say this to the POTUS, we are already terrorized as a country, though you already say we won't be. Key words like assault rifle, to influence the uneducated, populace are expected. Normal is another key word he'll use. Saying the recent violence is becoming normal. What is normal is the urgency to report and comment on tragedy's in America and use them to further an agenda.
Steve

Back