Another Tail of the dragon?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CustomMax

Reaction score
Someone told me there's another twisty road they call the tail of the dragon out of Oakland Maryland. It's rt 50 heading west from Oakland md. Out into Ohio. I looked on google earth and it looks real twisty and looks like it might be pretty scenic as well. My question is, has anyone taken this route and if so is it worth traveling to? Anyone who has please chime in. I'm always looking for new scenic roads to travel to make a day trip out of. Thanks, Ed

I've heard people refer to a stretch of hwy 123 in AR as the 'mini dragon' before too. I saw a Gen II totalled there last spring, as well as two other bikes within an hour the same day. Beautiful twisties there.

If you're out West, try Hwy 49 from Mariposa, CA going North through Coulterville all the way to where it joins Hwy 120 at Moccasin. Very twisty, and for a lot of this stretch you'll be seeing rock wall on one side and AIR on the other side. It can get your adrenalin flowing. I suggest not exceeding about 80% the first time.

Back