Attention Nor'Easters....Devil's Tombstone Run looming large

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Reaction score
Thinking about putting together another ride before the season shuts us down. Over across the Rip Van Winkle Bridge into the Catskills by Hunter Mtn, Phoenecia, Woodstock and stopping at the Devil's Tombstone for some pics.

I'll plot it out from the O's Diner on the Taconic and post the route tonight or tomorrow.....just checking to see if there's any interest.

Rough outline, leave the diner @ 11:00am Sat the 12th, the run is about 125 miles with lunch in Phoenecia, probly back to the diner by 4:00 - 5:00, rain date the following Sat the 19th.

I'm in Danny........hopefully that won't keep other people away. :biglaugh:

Oh man I'd love to go. It's more possible than today's run but still unlikely

-garrett now Free

You know i'm in.......crossing fingers for weather to behave itself......Can I bring the pirate and maybe other one or two?

Here's a map of the route, I've only been along these roads once, and was lost half the time, so if anyone with a gps could lend some 'tech assist' after we leave Phoenecia it would be greatly appreciated.
http://mapq.st/17b8hBg

There's some interesting stuff on this run....foliage should be spectacular, there's a gorge on the way up to Hunter with towering rock faces on one side and a sheer drop off on the other, very steep, hairpin turns, getting a nervous stomach just thinking about it! Then there is quite a bit of evidence still visible of the devastation left by Hurricane Irene over a year ago. The infamous Woodstock New York...you all know what that's all about, and lastly, but far from least.....the namesake for this ride....The Devil's Tombstone! :th_smilie::character36::th_smilie:

dam.......I'm leaving town befor this.....I really need to move back here to enjoy all these great rides.....

Looks like a great ride Danny. I'm gonna try like hell to meet you guys at the diner. I'm in central Ct. so i'll have to leave early. I know my house to Lebanon Valley is 100 miles on the nose. Maybe I can meet up with some of the guys over this way and head out your way. We'll figure it out as it gets closer.

Looks like a great ride Danny. I'm gonna try like hell to meet you guys at the diner. I'm in central Ct. so i'll have to leave early. I know my house to Lebanon Valley is 100 miles on the nose. Maybe I can meet up with some of the guys over this way and head out your way. We'll figure it out as it gets closer.

That sounds good Dr.....get some of those CT guys to blow the dust off their Max's and come on over! :clapping:

Thanks Mike, I think everyone will like it, the foliage should be dazzling and I read somewhere that Route 214 from Hunter Mtn to Phoenecia is among the top 10 best bike rides in the northeast....no idea if that's true or not but it's pretty cool.

Thanks Mike, I think everyone will like it, the foliage should be dazzling and I read somewhere that Route 214 from Hunter Mtn to Phoenecia is among the top 10 best bike rides in the northeast....no idea if that's true or not but it's pretty cool.

I know one way to find out............

Are the roads up there slippery like they are here :ummm::rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back