back firing on decel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dooweb2

Reaction score
when going hard then shutting down the throttle I get some decel popping and backfiring from the pipes? I have marks exhaust. morley kit stg 1 needles 2nd clip and 155 mukuni jets. do I need to richen the mains? I also am not overly impressed wiht the power of this set up. seems about the same as my stock 99 was and not much improved over this bike with cobras jetted really well.

Mains won't help the decel popping. You can try raising your needles a 1/2 clip or richen up your mixture screws. You may be rich up top. I have 152.5's for main with Mark's exhaust, stage 7 needles at 2.5 clips from blunt end.

Mains won't help the decel popping. You can try raising your needles a 1/2 clip or richen up your mixture screws. You may be rich up top. I have 152.5's for main with Mark's exhaust, stage 7 needles at 2.5 clips from blunt end.

i'm the same except 155's. +1 to what mark says.

I think we decided he has 155 dynojet mains and is changing them as we speak.
Sean

ok dumb ass on my part I forgot the dynojet looks like mikuni. I jumped the gun when I saw I had 155. I had 155 dyno jet from previous jet kit in there. morley kit is mikuni. I wish this forum would let you delete your post if you pull a spazz move like I just did.. Im sorry all.

no worries man happin's to all of us. so what you gonna try for jets now?

No big deal and something that others can learn from too. Don't take for granted what you have without checking it all out first. Did you get the jets swapped out and retry it?

Sean

Back