Back in the saddle again

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitchell

Reaction score
Thought I would share a story with you guys and give thanks to a few guru's out there.

I went down on my 07 about 2 months ago. Luckily all I hurt was my left
foot and it's close to being 100% again. The bike, well it ended up being
totaled by State Farm for more than I paid for it 2 years ago. I was
fortunate enough to buy it right at that time. I bought it back for $2,000
and they wrote me a check for $6,650. Did I mention that State Farm
Insurance Kicks Ass:eusa_dance: So I budgeted $3,500 for new parts and started
repairing the parts that could be restored like powder coating, headlight,
etc. I ended up taking the remaining cash and bought my (soon to be 16 )
daughter a $3,000 Honda Civic and trust me, she is happy about that :biglaugh:

By far, my biggest help in getting it back together was none other than
"Morley Muscle". Sean repaired the stop on the lower triple tree, took my
stock wheels&tires in trade (front wheel was bent) for some new
Carrozzeria's , turned me on to the new Progressive 430 series shocks, so I bought a set from him and very happy I did. Recovered my seats with a fast turn around time. In addition, he stopped by my place on the way back from Eureka last month to save shipping for me on the wheel trade, seats and delivered a shift lever as well. All this and he answered my emails quickly, every phone call I made and even the calls I made with dumb questions. Good service and people with integrity are hard to find these days. Thanks to Morley Muscle for being just that and for keeping us Vmax enthusiasts happy. :clapping::worthy:

Thanks to Rick at Performance Coatings in Joplin who happens to be a fellow Maxer. He powdercoated all the parts for free in a timely manner. Hey Rick, I guess it paid off to have your Vmax broke down in my garage for 2 months last Winter.:punk:

I also want to thank Chris-4gasem for replying to my text message
questions. You do know that its easier to talk sometimes:ummm: Regardless, everything you told me was dead on! Even the do not buy from UFO. I ordered a fork brace right about the same time Sean ordered my Carr's. I received the brace 2 days after I received wheels :whistlin:

I'm still waiting on the top cover to get painted and a frame slider from Cycle One-Off, but wanted to post a few pics of my reconditioned Vmax.

:cheers:
Clay Mitchell

Last edited:
FUCKING GORGEOUS MAN!!!! what colour is the faux tank gonna be?

Thanks guys! Without this forum and all the expertise I would be lost:ummm:

I thought hard about what I wanted on the faux cover and finally said F-It..... realistic fading red metallic flames over black to keep the 06-07 theme there. Hopefully my painter will pull it off.

Trust me, I loved the bike stock and kinda wanted to keep it that way. But fate and the internet made the modifying devil outta me:th_smilie:

wow!! saweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!! nice job!:punk:
ill trade wheels with ya:rofl_200:.

Trust me, I loved the bike stock and kinda wanted to keep it that way. But fate and the internet made the modifying devil outta me:th_smilie:

i hear ya.. but beautiful bike either way.. plus ur daughter got quite the treat eh?

i hear ya.. but beautiful bike either way.. plus ur daughter got quite the treat eh?

Yep. I guess I failed to say the only bad thing about the ordeal is that it will have a salvage title. Oh well, the plan is to keep it for a long time. I truly appreciate the compliments guys.

Awesome wheels. Bike looks great. Good to hear you healed back to 100%.

You don't happen to work down here around Neosho, do you? I used to see a Max coming and going on my way to work a lot, then a couple months ago....... don't see it any more. T'was a red Vmax coming in on West 86 Hwy and going back out the same.

Awesome wheels. Bike looks great. Good to hear you healed back to 100%.

You don't happen to work down here around Neosho, do you? I used to see a Max coming and going on my way to work a lot, then a couple months ago....... don't see it any more. T'was a red Vmax coming in on West 86 Hwy and going back out the same.

No sir I don't. I live in the Saginaw area. Did you get all the storm damage repaired on your bike?

Beautiful bike i have goosebumps !!!

Thanks for sharing hope the foot heals 100%

Yee HAW!!! Looks about like mine... I have all but the faux cover and the radiator side! (They're curing as I type this)

Looks great! I'm sure you'll love the wheels and tires as well. I like the polished wheels... For two reasons... #1 they look cool... #2 your bike doesn't look like mine! lol

Chris

Yee HAW!!! Looks about like mine... I have all but the faux cover and the radiator side! (They're curing as I type this)

Looks great! I'm sure you'll love the wheels and tires as well. I like the polished wheels... For two reasons... #1 they look cool... #2 your bike doesn't look like mine! lol

Chris

Ha, What can I say? -inspiration from your bike has always been a sign of good taste. Btw. I now know that letting the air out of that 180 rear and a little grease sure helps to make it fit.:). For about 5 minutes, I was like. . There is no damn way this is the right size tire!

LOL I loosened up the pumpkin and it fit's in just fine.

The ME880 is a WIDE flat tire. Almost looks like a 190 IMO.

Chris

Latest posts

Back