Backfire when accelerating

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
When I accel and let off throttle a bit as I'm switching gears I'm getting some backfiring. Have'nt had this before..what should I be checking?

i had one too. one of my pilot paths were clogged.

I've gotten decel pop on my old minibike motor....too lean on the low end. In that case I turned out the a/f screw like 1/4 turn and it fixed it. That would seem to go with Garrett's suggestion of a plugged pilot circuit.

Thats not a bad idea, Ive also heard of too rich on fuel will collect in the pipe and pop on decel sparked by heat. Pretty much a crap shoot on what does it, just gonna have to start with one remidy and move to the other till its gone.

I just recently cleaned my pilots so I don't think it could be that..I'll check for leaks first

when my friend dropped his bike he got a small hole in the pipe and it backfired on decel and when shifting but was fine when just cruising

Coasting air valve diaphram. Might have a different name on the VMAX carb. I had a bad one on mine. It's supposed to lean out the system on decel. It's under the small 3 screw cover on the rear of each carb.

Back