BIG AIR KIT

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZX1441r

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that this kit is available again does anybody have any expereince with it ? before and after dyno #'s ? Reading all the benefits come at the top of the rev limits and you loose some bottom end HP/Torque as well ?

I did, but everything looks like it's a more then a few years old. Just wondering if there were any improvements over the original design and how it performed !

I believe the Monster Big Air kit for the Gen II is no-longer available.

This may be of interest, if you want to modify your air intake of a Gen. II

Itgoes said: I would say unless you spend a lot of time at the dragstrip, you will be much happier with the Triple Threat airbox mod. It makes a bunch more power under the curve and sacrifices little on the top.

Two pics:

1703811318834.png1703811335723.png

I have no horse in this race.

Last edited:
Monster Big Air kit is being re-releaseed with additional improvements based on the dyno work done with my Battlestar bike,

They are designed based on the same stacks 3D used on my Battlestar bike which made the most HP on Tim's dyno compared to any other header/intake system. You will lose some lower end if I recall correctly but you won't miss it since it's already got too much low end for the tires to hold anyway.

UFODragbikeDynoRaceGas.png

They are designed based on the same stacks 3D used on my Battlestar bike which made the most HP on Tim's dyno compared to any other header/intake system. You will lose some lower end if I recall correctly but you won't miss it since it's already got too much low end for the tires to hold anyway.
Any idea how much low end, specifically torque, and where in the rev range it's lost?

Had an exchange with Tim tonight about the Big Air Kit and he gave me permission to post it:

"I posted some on Facebook comparing the modified air box and big air but I can’t find the screen grab. I would have to dig thru the dyno runs and find the triple threat. I think the Big Air stacks cause you to lose about 14HP vs the modified air box in the mid range on average. Even more comparing it with the triple threat. I developed a reflash that alters the throttle opening rate and gains close to half of that back depending on the exhaust system. The triple threat is probably the best all around mod, but its hard to do and most people screw it up and the inner stacks hit the filter or it just looks like shit. Big Air is easier and probably makes 3 - 5 or so HP more on the top end but that also depends on the exhaust. The BA gains get bigger with race gas. That’s why I tell folks that go to the track and want results, Big Air is what I run."

So there you have it, right from the man himself.

My street experience with my MBA vs Triple Threat was at a 20 mph roll I would give the triple threat the launch
Usually with the launch and lower gear HP & Torque advantage they would put about 1 1/2 bikes on me real quick. By end of second I could start reeling them in and in third could pass and blow by them. Course as Randi has said I don’t weigh more than a coat of paint. Lol Just my experience imho

My street experience with my MBA vs Triple Threat was at a 20 mph roll I would give the triple threat the launch
Usually with the launch and lower gear HP & Torque advantage they would put about 1 1/2 bikes on me real quick. By end of second I could start reeling them in and in third could pass and blow by them. Course as Randi has said I don’t weigh more than a coat of paint. Lol Just my experience imho

My motivation for the MBA was at the time I was riding locally with Gen 2
Piped & mapped Busa and ZX-14 guys
I had all the low end torque & Hp I needed in the low speed roll ons. Just needed more HP to hold them off longer. It was fun to lead them up to about 125-130 mph and then shut down and show them my brake lights
We all knew they were fixing to blow by me pretty quickly. 🤠😃.
I all fun until somebody gets hurt. Now I am just a slow and sedate old fella 🥸

We may start developement of a 3D printed upper airbox to accept the triple threat filters and save the modification work.

Now that has my interest...
I have a converted box on the way to me soon and will use that to have scanned. Then we can edit and print them out. Will of course print out a test fit part first then we can move into production. These are intended to have 3 full size filters and not the 2 half filters. As much flow as we can get.

Back