Bike cover's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
i have a 2006 v-max , can anyone tell me what cover fits the best & is good quality ? AND WHERE DID YOU BUY IT ?

I bought a Cover Max (cool name huh didn't even realize it was called that til I got it home and on the bike) from my local dealer, it was like 35 bucks. It fits great and keeps my bike clean.....Im not sure how water proof it is tough as my bike sits under a car port with the cover on it, it says it is water proof and has sat through some very high winds with out bolwing off...

the number on the cover is 10-7511 and says it is for large sport bikes up to 1100cc...

Nelson Rigg UV-2000 from newenough.com. It's a 1/2 cover I use to cover it at work sometimes and for when I travel. I have only used it about 6 times...works good in medum rainfall (no heavy rain yet) and didn't come off in 20-25 mph winds. I think it should hold up well for what I'm using it for, I store my bike in a garage at night during the summer and in a heated basement during the winter.

Last edited:
I have an '06 also w/mini III bug screen. Bought the Guardian Cover made by Dowco. Bought it at the dealership when I bought the bike. It's not a custom fut but it is weathproof, has a cinch in the middle and padding in the areas prone to rubbing. I like it.

i bought one on craigslist.com used, but almost new, elastic around the bottom. Cost was only $20.00. It's a large and fits well with small windscreen and sissy bar.

Red

Have a Nelson Rigg "half" cover. Good to keep dew and rain off bike when on trips. Small enough to pack easily. Probably not good for long term storage or real bad weather.

My bike "cover" is my garage. :confused2:

Me, too. However, I thought about covering it there, as well. During the summer, grass from mowing the yard still likes to blow in the garage and settle on my bike. Plus, there's the never-ending danger of my wife and her car doors. :bang head:

Walmart cover for $20

It's lined in the right places and fits good enough.

I keep it bungee corded to the chain link fence at work so I can cover the bike when the wind is out of the south and blows cooling tower fallout (corrosive) all over the employess parking lot.

It's been there two years and hasn't come apart yet....plus it's so ugly no one steals it either.....

I WEN'T WITH A NELSON RIGG FULL XLG. COVER , I JUST PUT IT ON , MAN ITS GREAT ! THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE HELP ! I KEEP IT IN MY STOCK CAR TRAILER , BUT IT GET'S SO DUSTY YOU WOULD'NT BELIEVE IT ! I STARTED COVERING IT WITH A SHEET & COULD'NT BELIEVE HOW CLEAN IT STAYED ! SO I JUST NEEDED IT FOR THE DUST ! THANKS AGAIN ! :punk:

THE ELASTIC ON THE BOTTOM MADE IT HARD TO GET ON & OFF, & SO SINCE I ONLY NEED IT FOR THE DUST I CUT OUT THE ELASTIC ON THE BOTTOM & BOUGHT IT TO THE TAYLOR'S & HAD THEM HEM THE BOTTOM , $15.00 . MAN NOW IT'S PERFECT ! THANK'S GUY'S ! :punk:

Latest posts

Back