brake/caliper compatibility question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmioton

Reaction score
I have an '88 that was hit by someone trying to park. Looks like he rolled over the front wheel a bit, as the fender is scraped. (one of the joys of having a bike in NYC)
Since then, I've had a pulse in my front brakes, and am thinking he warped my rotor. Also, the brake lever was broken, I replaced it, but it's feeling like there's a different resistance when pressed now. It definitely feels wrong.
I'd love to do a full upgrade to a r1 or busa, but my budget won't allow it, and frankly I really don't need it as I'm a pretty tame rider.
Can anyone advise on if the later version Gen 1 rotors and calipers fit directly onto my setup or would I need special brackets?
Of course this also means I'm in the market for a newer setup, so if you have available, please message me.

Thanks Guys!
Don

(oh, what does it mean when someone puts "+1" on a post? Is someone keeping score somewhere!?)

Sean carries Jedi's adapter plates to use the early calipers with the later floating rotors.

I have an '88 that was hit by someone trying to park. Looks like he rolled over the front wheel a bit, as the fender is scraped. (one of the joys of having a bike in NYC)
Since then, I've had a pulse in my front brakes, and am thinking he warped my rotor. Also, the brake lever was broken, I replaced it, but it's feeling like there's a different resistance when pressed now. It definitely feels wrong.
I'd love to do a full upgrade to a r1 or busa, but my budget won't allow it, and frankly I really don't need it as I'm a pretty tame rider.
Can anyone advise on if the later version Gen 1 rotors and calipers fit directly onto my setup or would I need special brackets?
Of course this also means I'm in the market for a newer setup, so if you have available, please message me.

Thanks Guys!
Don

(oh, what does it mean when someone puts "+1" on a post? Is someone keeping score somewhere!?)

They agree with the prevous post on their point.

The newer rotors will bolt right on the older wheels but you will need to do something with the calipers. You can get adaptors for them or you can buy different adapters to fit gen 1 hayabusa calipers. Sean Morley is the place to go for adapters.

Thanks. I ordered the whole setup from Sean. Hopefully be set up by next week.

Effective braking, what a concept!

Latest posts

Back