Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bright Gauge's Remedy

Thanks. I believe just need to remove screwn (part #7) and then slide the shell off. The bulbs are accessed at the rear of the speedo gauge.

I was bored and killing time when I did mine. So I took the speedo bracket off. Unscrewed the speedo cable and then took the screw out and was able to have plenty of room to replace the bulbs without pulling on the wiring harness.
But like I said... I was bored...

Thanks. I believe just need to remove screwn (part #7) and then slide the shell off. The bulbs are accessed at the rear of the speedo gauge.

I got my bulbs ordered.. as soon as they show up this mod is as good as done.

Too bad I really wont be able to enjoy it until fall when it starts getting dark at night.

But over 50deg today, so first ride of the season in about 2 weeks :banana:

Lee, i tried the blue,but was too dim[maybe because i was in garage with headlight lighting up garage]. went with red, looks good in total darkness. 82ND Cowboy- being former military I tried red at the top of the speedo & blue on btm. [red white & blue look] Looked good, wish i'd taken pics:bang head:

Well I just ordered 15 each of #74 bulbs...

Also ordered a few other items for the car and truck... Hehehe...:biglaugh:

But over 50deg today, so first ride of the season in about 2 weeks :banana:

50 degrees?
Isn't that like... summer for you? :biglaugh:

50 is my cut off temp, when It's below 50 I don't ride, I have thin blood from being in 90 degree heat all the time.
So as long as it's 50 or above... I ride, all bundled up with layers... but I ride.
It's in the 60's in the mourning now, so I now can ditch the balacava and the long john's. And fiixin to take out the cold weather liner out of my riding jacket this weekend As long as mourning temps stay in the upper 60's.

50 degrees?
Isn't that like... summer for you? :biglaugh:

50 is my cut off temp, when It's below 50 I don't ride, I have thin blood from being in 90 degree heat all the time.
So as long as it's 50 or above... I ride, all bundled up with layers... but I ride.
It's in the 60's in the mourning now, so I now can ditch the balacava and the long john's. And fiixin to take out the cold weather liner out of my riding jacket this weekend As long as mourning temps stay in the upper 60's.

50 is just break up temps to get rid of the snow and ice. Summer temps are upper 80's somtimes low 90's

LOL at 50 cut off temp, I've been out at low as 15. Road conditions suck ass, tires really don't want to grab anymore. but the horsepower produced at 440ft and cold dence air :drool:

Now doing over 100 on the river at -20 on the snomobile. thats a cold ass ride. I frostbit parts of my neck and cheeks from the wind coming off the windshield and sneaking through my visor.

Lee, i tried the blue,but was too dim[maybe because i was in garage with headlight lighting up garage]. went with red, looks good in total darkness. 82ND Cowboy- being former military I tried red at the top of the speedo & blue on btm. [red white & blue look] Looked good, wish i'd taken pics:bang head:

Texmax,

Thanks for the heads-up. They were cheap ($1 ea) so I know that I can always go for the Reds later. Who knows, maybe the blues will be bright enough?

KEEP US POSTED ! ARE ALL YOU GUY'S USING COLORED BULBS INSTED OF THE BULB COVERS ? IF SO CAN SOMEONE POST PICTURES TO COMPAIR THEM ? THANKS ! :cheers:

KEEP US POSTED ! ARE ALL YOU GUY'S USING COLORED BULBS INSTED OF THE BULB COVERS ? IF SO CAN SOMEONE POST PICTURES TO COMPAIR THEM ? THANKS ! :cheers:

I bought all red bulbs. I bought extra because at 1.00 each I am guessing they aren't the best ones made... lol

canteen boy?:whistlin:

Are you asking for something... :whistlin:

No not a boy scout but I've been around the block a few times. I hope they and the "extra parts" get here soon!:whistlin::banana:

Here's mine with colored bulbs. I notice it glows more around the border than the center compared to Coprunner's.Looks like different faceplates on the speedo. Mines a 99 so Lee yours might work fine with the blue.

Attachments

• DSC01194.jpg
    DSC01194.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 173

Texmax,

I appreciate the follow-up. I am still awaiting the arrival of my lights.

I will post the pictures once the lights are installed.

Here's mine with colored bulbs. I notice it glows more around the border than the center compared to Coprunner's.Looks like different faceplates on the speedo. Mines a 99 so Lee yours might work fine with the blue.

I don't have the little box around 55 on my 2006 as they finally decided to do away with it...:thumbs up:

I'd be happy for it to look like that!

I JUST FOUND ANOTHER WEBSITE WITH THE COLORED BULB COVERS, www.empirechromeshop.com , GO TO SIT MAP , THEN GO TO INTERIOR LIGHT LENSES , ALL THE WAY DOWN , ALMOST TO THE END , THEN CLICK ON SMALL BULB COVERS , THEY HAVE ALL COLOR'S ! & ARE GREAT TO DEAL WITH ! I JUST DELT WITH THEM LAST WEEK ! BUT I DID'NT KNOW THEY HAD THESE ALSO ! :thumbs up:

Last edited:

I added the red bulbs to my speedometer and tach cluster, looks great, what a slick and easy mod.
I removed the whole tach cluster to install as I have it torn down for other work I'm doing. Otherwise I think you could just remove the 2 philips screws on the back with a long screwdriver to replace the bulbs.

Great easy mod!

For anyone wanting to replace the lamps with with LED's instead of using the bulb covers. I noticed that they are a little brighter and they won't burn out for a long long time. Here's a link to where I purchased mine from. They are the 74-x wedge base led bulb and come in many color choices for just $1.19 each.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...t=CAR&keywords=&cart_id=5203972.23240&next=50

Last edited:
Back