Bringing my V-Max overseas - What parts should I bring?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power to weight ratio is very close to the stock Vmax so it's bound to be fun!

Sean

A dry tank won't rust. You could drain it, dry it (maybe shop vac with the blow setting), and then "fog" it with a rust inhibitor. I would prep it with the stabil (or seafoam) and make sure it's running through the carbs. Unplug the pump and let it run until it dies. Then you can drain it in prep for the storage.

Sean

I just got back from a little early AM Tag O Rama. Its a game they play on advrider.com. The RatMax wanted no part of going out at 6am in the high 20's. My mistake for leaving it out all night in the cold. The KTM had no issues. And since I had to do a little trail riding for the tag, it all worked out for the best.....

Hickory-Run.jpg

Well we arrived in Hungary arrived safe and sound. 7 people, 21 check-in bags, 14 carry-ons, and 3 dogs. Anyone else want to try that? It was pretty rough leaving as ALL my vehicles were breaking down the last couple weeks at home. I had 2 of my vehicles (not the V-Max) at the shop 3 times just last week. That's hard for a mechanic to do - but I had other priorities. My car is still in actually still in the shop, I just signed the title over to a friend.

I filled the V-Max's tank mixed with fuel stabilizer (1/2 bottle) but the night before we left, I couldn't drain the carbs because I couldn't find a flashlight and the movers packed all my tools. I did start and run it for a while, working the fuel stabilizer through the carbs before storing. I nailed the throttle before shutting down hoping to somewhat evacuate the carbs. I should be back home next summer for about a week, so maybe the carbs won't get too gummed up.

I will certainly miss her...

RT_side.jpg

Back