Broke at the track!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer Todd........Better the driveshaft than the trans...........What was your 60ft time?.............Tom.

1.81 and I was told that was probably on the back tire as the front end was off the ground into second.

I am still at the track waiting for my wife with truck and trailer, on her birthday......doh!

Thats why I took my shinkos off, I knew Id break somthing!I think I have a couple extra shafts, let me know if you want one. its yours for shipping!

You have a good wife that let's you go out racing on her birthday!.......Let alone rescue you too!.........:punk:............Best do somthing extra nice for her!.........:biglaugh:.........Sounds like you tripped the 60ft beam on the rear tire.........Good job!.............Tom.

I just went through the same thing, they usually go on the 1-2 shift though... No flame intended but if you got a 1.81 60' on the rear tire then you have the quickest stock Vmax I've ever heard of... Hope you get it fixed quick bud, check your pinion nut torque while you have it torn down because mine was only finger tight.... 81 foot pounds I think is the spec...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Here it is...... 1.81 60 ft on the rear wheel.... LOL

313204_448977675136377_1862501103_n.jpg

Drop those forks up into the triples an inch or so. Did you drop the rear tire pressure? Lastly tighten the rear springs all the way. Any way to tuck a bit more? Yee Haa. Nice, broken parts or not!

Unfortunately I can't drop the forks with the drag bar and the clutch master side. They are short in width and the banjo area is almost right above the centerline of the fork. The brake master is shaped differently and I could probably drop it about 3/4 to 1 inch on that side, but nothing really on the other side.

Since I ride to the track, I just keep the tire pressure at 32 psi. It doesn't spin the tire at all from what I can feel. But I ll watch the videos and go over them again a few times to see.

With the Go Pro mounted where I have it, I can't lay down on the bike 100%. Maybe the pictures dont show it will, but I am pretty damn far on it. About 85-90 down as far as I can go before I become uncomfortable.

Here is a better picture of body position.

557924_448977631803048_2022694168_n.jpg

Thanks
Todd

And that picture again is PAST the 60 ft mark. He said on two of the runs, the front tire didn't come down till well after mid second gear.

The track was really sticky today. :)

Todd

I have a few things coming to ensure some 10's LOL! But I might try and get to the 10's on a stock bike if I can. My carbs were starting to pop more then they ever have before, today.

Todd

I thought you might have the shocks today put them on & get the 1 1/4 inch bar riser from luv the hub on ebay or make one then you can slide them tubes up some or buy the spring lowering kit.

I thought you might have the shocks today put them on & get the 1 1/4 inch bar riser from luv the hub on ebay or make one then you can slide them tubes up some or buy the spring lowering kit.

I was slammed with our fundraiser event.

But the shocks came in Friday ( thank you very much ). I am not sure if I want to go that low with it now that I set them next to the stock shocks. The riser bar I don't want to go with because I really like the height of the drag bars now.

So I got the fundraiser over ( it was awesome , didn't get a total raised yet, but I overheard $15,000 possibly ), and tried to get a few quick passes before next weekend.

I might lower the front 1" internally and I thought about going 12" shocks in the rear.

When I go to the track I might strap the frontend next time.

I am honestly starting to think of getting another Vmax...... have two just incase I break one. You know some of you guys have extra carbs, forks etc, why not have a extra running riding bike. You know, just incase.....

Todd

Back