Broke at the track!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which one is the third one ( year ) and whats wrong with it if anything ?

Todd
92 has some cosmetic damage & needs a little cleaning. it was dropped & scraped up a few things. I have an extra set of body work ready to paint so I am gonna paint it Tomorrow or Tuesday & take all the parts with me to fix it while im in Texas.

Good job, your bike is definitely fast for a stocker :) won't argue the 60' time with you just bear in mind the beams are 3" off the ground. If I wheelie at all my pass goes to shit, I slip my clutch out to where you just feel the front tire skipping across the ground and if I feel that I know I'm on a good run. Definitely get that front end strapped, it helps ALOT! Also if your going to be racing it all the time an air shifter is a wise investment, it'll help save the tranny and the case... Sean and me talked about that quite a bit and I'm a believer... At any rate you've got a very nice bike and your putting down some good numbers :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Let me know if you decide to sell those short shocks you got from Kyle- I was a little late pulling the trigger on them when he posted them for sale- I would be interested in them, OK? Thanks, Stan:biglaugh:

Let me know if you decide to sell those short shocks you got from Kyle- I was a little late pulling the trigger on them when he posted them for sale- I would be interested in them, OK? Thanks, Stan:biglaugh:

Stan,
Shoot me an PM. I think I am going longer for sure. If so I ll let you have them for the same price Kyle let me have them at.

Todd

Good job, your bike is definitely fast for a stocker :) won't argue the 60' time with you just bear in mind the beams are 3" off the ground. If I wheelie at all my pass goes to shit, I slip my clutch out to where you just feel the front tire skipping across the ground and if I feel that I know I'm on a good run. Definitely get that front end strapped, it helps ALOT! Also if your going to be racing it all the time an air shifter is a wise investment, it'll help save the tranny and the case... Sean and me talked about that quite a bit and I'm a believer... At any rate you've got a very nice bike and your putting down some good numbers :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

That one large holeshot happened a couple times. But my faster times I couldn't tell the wheel was off the ground. It felt light in the frontend thats all to me.

I know the bike should easily hit the 11.20-30 mark. I have enough MPH to get me there most of the time. I really need to sort out my carbs though. I think I might even have a little better et once I get those sorted.

But honestly I need more wheel time. The bike is only going to go faster if I get better riding it. Thats the bottom line. I can clean the carbs and jet them properly , put a pipe and lower it etc and it wont do anything unless I can get my technique down.

Air shifter is something I am really thinking of. Something simple and effective. Because your 100% right, it will save the trans for sure.

LOL my heel to toe sway on my burnouts always makes me laugh when I see it. I never realize I do it.

391218_448978005136344_49232832_n.jpg

Thanks again everyone for the inputs.
Todd

Having the DD clutch mod probably contributed to the broken shaft. :confused2:

How fast do you want to go? I have 2 different drag bike chassis I want to sell. Also have one chain drive engine that's been 8.30's at 160mph.

Sean

Sean i think you better get a drive shaft ready to ship first. Hell make Todd a good deal on two im sure he will need a back up.

Todd, Thanks for the extra motivation to get racing. :biglaugh:
You are having all the fun!

I was slammed with our fundraiser event.

But the shocks came in Friday ( thank you very much ). I am not sure if I want to go that low with it now that I set them next to the stock shocks. The riser bar I don't want to go with because I really like the height of the drag bars now.

So I got the fundraiser over ( it was awesome , didn't get a total raised yet, but I overheard $15,000 possibly ), and tried to get a few quick passes before next weekend.

I might lower the front 1" internally and I thought about going 12" shocks in the rear.

When I go to the track I might strap the frontend next time.

I am honestly starting to think of getting another Vmax...... have two just incase I break one. You know some of you guys have extra carbs, forks etc, why not have a extra running riding bike. You know, just incase.....

Todd

You are looking down a dangerous road. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

You are looking down a dangerous road. :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

I know LOL.

10's is what I am aiming for. If I am going to go any faster I ll look at a Busa or a ZX14.

There was a ZX14 at the track and he was running solid smooth 10.50's and wasn't getting all the power down. So I can guarantee with the right rider he would be hitting low 10's maybe even high 9's.

558114_448977241803087_1044340275_n.jpg

As cool as the Vmax is, its not an easy 9 second machine without spending money. For $7500 I could buy a Busa and be running high 9's with enough wheel time behind it. Maybe consistent low 10's. But it would be almost bone stock and reliable as all get out. I don't think those two words can be put together for a Vmax to run that fast consistently.

Todd

thats why i picked up a spare used one!

better that than the trannY!

Back