Can I buy a 06/07 for $5K?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulibiker

Reaction score
I now have $5K saved for a Max.

I really like the blacked out look of the 06/07. Would consider an 05. Is $5K realistic?

Is anyone selling in central Iowa?

That's a tough call. Saw a few 05's sell for near that. Most 06's and 07's have been higher.. But,,,, anything's possible...

I bought my 05 last August for $4,800. It was the best deal I could find and as low as I could get him. I found it in Cedar Falls. Keep your eye on Craigslist.

Up here a friend of mine sold his '05, that he hardly ever rode, for $4500. I think it worked out to be something like $2 per mile on the clock.

Take book values with a grain of sale. A bike is worth what someone is willing to pay.

I finally managed to sell my clean '97 with loads of extras for $3500. Book for a "very good" '97 was just shy of 4k.

So it sold under book, even neglecting all the mods. Which I know money in doesn't equal money out, but I'd think there's be at least some value boost from it.

10 years newer doesn't mean much other than a number on the title....the only difference in an 07 from my 97 is the paint color, rectifier, and shift segment piece. All of which are easily update-able.

Wow... The vmaxes here are selling for way more than that. 2005 currently for sale here for 8000. perhaps i should start importing a few lol. Newfoundland Canada here.

Sent from my GT-I9000M using Tapatalk 2

If you really like the blacked out look you could always find a 1996 model for less money , just a thought but that one for $5,500 is a steal!! Go see the guy and take the money with you $100.00 bills just out of his reach and I really hate too say this but if he is married maybe the wife is making him get rid of it and if you show up with the cash while she is there I know you would get it for 5 grand.

I bought my 05 last August for $4,800. It was the best deal I could find and as low as I could get him. I found it in Cedar Falls. Keep your eye on Craigslist.

Up here a friend of mine sold his '05, that he hardly ever rode, for $4500. I think it worked out to be something like $2 per mile on the clock.

That's what I'm looking for............

offer the guy 5!!! that would be a great deal. take a weekend drive there or save some more money and have it shipped!!! you would be dumb (no offense) if you didnt jump on this!!

Does anybody know this bike/owner? "Only local" comment has me thinking he will not ship. The problem I have is that I'm off Sundays and Tuesdays, so if it's not around 4 hours from me I would have to pass.

THANKS for the input guys..........

Start a new thread anyone near Oklahoma city can u look at a bike for me.. someone might be able to help u out with shipping on here. Worth a try

I doubt it. If you find one that cheap, I would be wary. I bought an one owner 07 in April. 5600 miles, stock except for the yamaha flyscreen, supertrapps and a sissy bar complete with Tbag. Even had the original tires on her, there wasnt much left on the back. Paid $7500, it was as low as the guy would go. But considering the condition(grade A+) and the fact it was a one owner, I went for it. Sometimes you just make the right decision. So I say save a few more bucks and wait until the right one comes along, Youre gonna love it

Latest posts

Back