Can someone please help me identify these parts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Hi,

When I bought my VMAX I got a bunch of parts that the previous owner had, he replaced the exhaust and signal lights and that is all he told me that he did to the bike.

I know some of these parts belong to the stock exhaust system and I'm not sure why he didn't include these parts with the exhaust when he sold it :ummm:

I put a number next to each part to help you help me identify them. I know that 1,2,5,6 are parts of the stock exhaust and I think number 4 are the bolts for the center stand ( please correct me if I am wrong ) Maybe it will be best if I just ask people to indentify each number, I don't want to get rid of anything I'll need but I don't want anything I don't need.

Thanks

parts.jpg

Anything you don't want - send it to me! I'll pay for the shipping. I have a spare bike I'm parting out, and will prolly end using its Venture motor to do a 1300 conversion, so any extra bits will be useful.

PM me for address details.

Thanks!

1 fuel tank heat shield
2 rear exhaust manifold covers
3 ?
4 ?
5 exhaust manifolds
6 exhaust clamp
7 ?
8 front turn indicator clutch hose guide
9 WTF....

Hi,

When I bought my VMAX I got a bunch of parts that the previous owner had, he replaced the exhaust and signal lights and that is all he told me that he did to the bike.

I know some of these parts belong to the stock exhaust system and I'm not sure why he didn't include these parts with the exhaust when he sold it :ummm:

I put a number next to each part to help you help me identify them. I know that 1,2,5,6 are parts of the stock exhaust and I think number 4 are the bolts for the center stand ( please correct me if I am wrong ) Maybe it will be best if I just ask people to indentify each number, I don't want to get rid of anything I'll need but I don't want anything I don't need.

Thanks

parts.jpg

# 1-Heat sheild
# 2-Exhaust cover, L & R
# 3-Stock muffler center mounting bolt
# 4- ? Prolly center stand mounting bolts
# 5-Exhaust joints L & R
# 6-Exhaust flange clamp
# 7-Tool kit retainer strap
# 8-Clutch hose guide, left front signal light stem
# 9-Think for Calif. emissions tube guide....goes behind diaphram cover bolt on # 1 carb.

# 1-Heat sheild
# 2-Exhaust cover, L & R
# 3-Stock muffler center mounting bolt
# 4- ? Prolly center stand mounting bolts
# 5-Exhaust joints L & R
# 6-Exhaust flange clamp
# 7-Tool kit retainer strap
# 8-Clutch hose guide, left front signal light stem
# 9-Think for Calif. emissions tube guide....goes behind diaphram cover bolt on # 1 carb.
Wow , how good are these guys !

Why would the heat shield be off the bike? would it be because of the UFO exhaust?

Stock heat shields don't fit with aftermarket headers.

I'm looking for a tail light cover for a 06 or 07, The previous owner has a skull attached with rubber gormets, if I take off the skull I'll have to plug the holes with rubber plugs which I would rather not do... If anyone is interested in all the parts in my post with the exception of #'s 4 and 7 I will tade the rest for a tail light cover or whole light assembly

If interested contact me at [email protected] or PM me.... I'll pay shipping for the tail light cover and you'll pay shipping for all my parts.. any takers?

#9 is a fuel overflow hose guide that bolts to the back center of the oil pan. The hose runs from the front of the fuel tank down the left side to the center thru the guide. It is the hose that comes from the tip-over valve/switch (don't remember the terminology).

#9 is a fuel overflow hose guide that bolts to the back center of the oil pan. The hose runs from the front of the fuel tank down the left side to the center thru the guide. It is the hose that comes from the tip-over valve/switch (don't remember the terminology).

Yup!! You nailed that one M-cman! Good catch! :thumbs up:

Back