Carb kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundguy

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Has anyone got a good setup using factory pro y11-10 kit?
In the big picture, I want to go stage 7 with pods, but now I've got a stock air box, drop in k&n, ufo headers and mufflers. I'm using dynojet stage 1 needles, when I used the factory-pro needles, it would splutter at 6k, then clear and go like a bat out of hell.
:punk:

Main jet is 157.5.
3rd clip.
A/F, 3 turns out.
6k to redline is mint. Wails.
Around 4k can feel soft when warming up.
I thought that the factory pro jet had better response, but I got a splutter at 6k, was worse when I cracked it open, if I eased it open it was ok.

Hi guys,
Has anyone got a good setup using factory pro y11-10 kit?
In the big picture, I want to go stage 7 with pods, but now I've got a stock air box, drop in k&n, ufo headers and mufflers. I'm using dynojet stage 1 needles, when I used the factory-pro needles, it would splutter at 6k, then clear and go like a bat out of hell.
:punk:

U could try shimming those factory needles to get through that sputter - maybe. I'd try stepping up your mains one size.

Dale #2592

or smaller main. especially depending on the filtration method

I did some tests with FP needles and WIdeband O², that was VERY rich everywhere and midle range was awfull.
Your sputtering is a too rich condition.

agreed with sean. drop the main and raise the clip to the top I mean.....and prob a/f screw in a bit. what's tour elevation???

if u ever think of changing needles Id be interested in the fp ones.....

if you wanna not keep getting into the carbs and figuring out what works for sure go with seans kit.....with his advise on set up you will be right where you wanna be without the trial and error part.

Missed that you still had the air box! Go to a morley kit and solve your problem or go down in main size - stock might work.

Dale

Back