carb problem #2 float level

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattmullins

Reaction score
Decided I never had checked the float level on this thing, this is my first max only had it 4 three months. So took it part all the levels were way off they went all the way up so I'm sure this has been some of my problems always smelled gassy. So adjusted put back on went to start gas stared coming two of the float bowl tubes will have two take apart and see why I did. But this could be why I seen low numbers on the dyno with the stock jets?

Double check you set them correctly by checking the wet level with a piece of clear hose attached to your overflow tube. Should be 16-17mm from line on side of carb body. Did you clean everything well while you were in there? You can also try tapping on bowl with screwdriver handle, or open the drain screws and turn key on to cycle fuel pump to flush out any crud from the needle/seat.

Think the wet level is 15mm - 17mm Bob.

Verify the post isn't bent a little on that carb, doesn't take much to cause the float to bind up.+1 to misaligned post.

I'm embarrassed to say how many times I took my carbs apart before I got the fuel levels spot on and got the floats to not hang up. I now have a glass jar with a mark on it. I Made the mark after getting the float levels to 16-17 mm checked from the mark on the carb body. Once a season I drain all the bowls into the jar and check the levels at the mark, look for sediment. Then, Peashoot, sync, and ride.
Steve-o

Think the wet level is 15mm - 17mm Bob.

Verify the post isn't bent a little on that carb, doesn't take much to cause the float to bind up.+1 to misaligned post.

I'm embarrassed to say how many times I took my carbs apart before I got the fuel levels spot on and got the floats to not hang up. I now have a glass jar with a mark on it. I Made the mark after getting the float levels to 16-17 mm checked from the mark on the carb body. Once a season I drain all the bowls into the jar and check the levels at the mark, look for sediment. Then, Peashoot, sync, and ride.
Steve-o

Pretty clever Steve-o! :clapping:

You don't have to screw around with the clear tube and all that stuff....just cycle the fuel pump till it they're full and drain off.

Hmmm, the timing might be just about right to steal the glass tube from the rain gauge....it's already calibrated and all......:hmmm:

Thanks for the idea!! :punk:

Back