Clean set-up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KJShover

Proud Vmax lover
Reaction score
But, I hope something was done about the fuel supply. Or the system is not done getting put together.
Don't think the pistons are going enjoy a straight hit, of nothing but the squeeze, too much.

It's a nice and clean setup though.

85820142147554126589320.jpg

I don't like it KJ. Thats not very efficient atomizing the mist i'd say. Thats why the foggers are meant to be... To mix the fuel and N2O properly... Yeah and i don't see any red lines so thats a good example of a potentially blown motor, and im not talking about superchargers or turbos... LOL

If it's jetted at the solenoid, like the UK designed systems tend to be, it should be fine. It almost looks like a NX copy of the Wizard's setups.
But it dosn't look like an EFI setup to me. Like you pointed out, with no added fuel input, that engine's life expectancy looks pretty slim.

Not done yet I am guessing. UNLESS, he's going to run some sort of fuel injection setup with self adjusting wideband.

Sean

Don't think so as those are the stock carbs... Either he has a hidden secret or that setup is badly done... Foggers should be used even if you jet at the solenoids like Wizard does... Its a matter of fine misting the input in order to maximize its efficiency... the N2O helps vaporizing the fuel at the fogger otherwise you can gets small droplets of fuel instead what is not the recommended as A/F ratio will not be constant.
The great advantage with jetting at solenoids is avoiding higher pressures at the delivery lines (post solenoids) and not having to purge the lines and avoids fuel and nitrous to bleed into cylinders when engine is off and no purge system present, thats why is cool to have a feature that kills ignition on the first couple engine revolutions to avoid a big bang due some nitrous and fuel dropped into cylinders when cranking up... those missed ignition cycles help cleaning cylinders before first spark... I messed up a set of Iridium spark plugs when i was testing my solenoids and auxiliar fuel pump after bike rebuild (that made me scratch my head a bit before i realised the plugs were flooded due the fuel input by the aux fuel pump with engine off), luckily i had no N2O on the lines, LOL...

If he ran the roadster cycle injection conversion which uses the stock carb bodies.

Can't see what's on the other end of the tube, so I can't really comment on how the atomization is set up.

But jetting at the solenoid, seems to be the way of the future. Other companies are starting to go this route (mine included). A lot of the old school, analog duel and triple stage setups are falling to the nitrous controllers.

Other than the reasons you pointed out, Jetting at the solenoids is also beneficial when using a good controller, the proportion in the pulse width and length is damn spot on. So if your setting your controller's duty cycle to feed 25, 40, 60 % your going to get 25, 40, 60% of nitrous and fuel.

In fogger systems (ZEX, NX, NOS...) the lines act like a mini, thin, expansion chamber. Therefore, the metering will change, somewhat, by the time it reaches the fogger nozzles. Jetting at the solenoid allows for better metering cause there is no time for the nitrous properties to change from a liquid to a gas while en route to the jetted nozzles. This is where my system is a little different. I still implement fogger nozzles, but they're not jetted. The jetting is done with a single jet for the fuel and another for the nitrous at the solenoids.

It all sounds pretty minimal. Where it can mean a lot is; when your controller is set to deliver a 90-100% hit, you will get the proper mount through your lines and to your nozzle of choice. But, the track is crappy that day and you back down your controller to a 40-60% pulse width. The power isn't dropped to 40-60% like one would think. Due to the expansion chamber effect and the bore size of the solenoid being larger than the jets on the fogger's end, what you have is a reservoir for the nitrous and the solenoids, instead of feeding, just top off this storage instead of injecting a metered dose of nitrous and fuel.
This will cause you to get more juice than what you wanted when you set your controller. It will be magnified when using large solenoids with small jets, or a long-line nitrous setup.

Once again, not all too bad. Until you look at the fuel side of things. Being that fuel doesn't like to be compressed, so it will stay about what you set the controller. So if a guy starts on a lower power setting, detonation has a chance to occur. Once detonation starts, it's pretty hard to stop, as your now heading down the track. More power will be introduced into the engine and bad things are about to happen. As you know a detonating nitrous setup is not very piston friendly :hitsfan:. The newer setups, that are starting to hit the market are starting to jet at the solenoids in an effort to eliminate this.

Whoa, sorry about getting long winded. in a nutshell, this is the reason, I'm leaning in this direction in my systems.:biglaugh:

Back