Close call

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was a close call, a 1/2 second and a different story. You just never know when something will change your ride.

If he hesitates or worse yet hit his brakes that turns into a real ugly situation for the rider! Glad he squirted past that car!!

Bet he had to clean his shorts! Wow, how-close can you come & not be hit? That one takes the prize. Time to visit church & say some prayers of thanks, "not his time yet!"

I had that same type of thing happen to my wife & me on I-95, a young female weaving in & out of traffic, I saw her in the rear view mirror, driving much-faster than everyone else. SHe got next to me on my right and w/o looking, decided to occupy my lane. Well I have air horns, and as she kept yapping on her cellphone, not looking, and about to sideswipe me, I hit the airhorns. She actually bothered to look over at us, realized she was about to sideswipe us, and hooked it hard-right, careening in a lurid slide away. She over-corrected, and lost control, and came shooting across behind us, into the center concrete 3.5' median. I saw a lot of cars swerving in my rearview mirror, and had my wife call 911. Jsut like this in appearance, but a car instead of bikers being missed.

That was a close one. Glad to see he/she had the mindset and skills to avoid what could have been yet another deadly motorcycle accident.

As most of us know this can happen at any moment.

That was incredible coolness under pressure. Yes, hitting the brakes (normal reaction for many) would have done him in. Useable torque and a good running engine can be a life saver. The bike that passed on the left may not have had time to even down shift. It looks like he swerved a bit and accelerated hard. I'm glad he's ok. I prefer the freeway still, to traffic stop and go style. Getting rear ended is my irst fear, then side swiped 2nd. It's hard to be ready for that situation this guy faced. Great riding skill.
Steve-o

I like how the lady says "that happens to me 5 or 6 times a day." I'm sorry, but THAT doesn't happen to you 5 or 6 times a day. Bad drivers? Yes. Crazy swervy out of control-ness? probably not. I'm glad the guy got out of there in one piece (and his friends). I tried to see what the truck was doing that was hidden behind the car when it swerved. That reminds me of the video from a few years ago when a civic did the same thing to a SoCal R1 racer girl. She was trying out her new helmet cam that day and went straight into the guy and flipped over the car. She always rides in full gear and it paid off.

I hope this never happens to me on the bike. It's scary enough in my car.

I like how the lady says "that happens to me 5 or 6 times a day." I'm sorry, but THAT doesn't happen to you 5 or 6 times a day. Bad drivers? Yes. Crazy swervy out of control-ness? probably not. I'm glad the guy got out of there in one piece (and his friends). I tried to see what the truck was doing that was hidden behind the car when it swerved. That reminds me of the video from a few years ago when a civic did the same thing to a SoCal R1 racer girl. She was trying out her new helmet cam that day and went straight into the guy and flipped over the car. She always rides in full gear and it paid off.

I hope this never happens to me on the bike. It's scary enough in my car.

Yea, 5 or 6 times a day? I thought that was a little exageratet. I'd quit riding if I had that much trouble. And I liive on the Cape. The meca for bad, lost drivers, going fast without paying attention.
29.gif
Most of MY riding is done on the other side of the bridges. I was talking to Mike about a ride down here this year. I'd like that a lot. But early or late in the year is best. Unless we do the RI coast, which is great riding.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Well truthfully you really do not know when it is your time. Yes it sucks to get tangled up a mess like that and many more that happen somewhere everyday. I do not want anyone to get hurt, that's not what I am saying. A car can pull out from anywhere or nowhere and be on top of you, on the highway, city street or out on back road. If we are lucky enough we will pull out of the pending wreck with nothing happening to us. I was coming to my house in the subdivision I live in and someone puts the car in reverse and just backs out on the street, I seen the backup lights and the car moving so I slowed down and stopped, but if I had not, I would have had a car on top of me. We have to be hyper guarded and watch for everything and everyone, because most do not watch and with that car out of control they did the best thing, they where in control.

Man that rider had some sense and skills! The statement by the lady about it happening all the time or whatever she said specifically seems a little far fetched BUT I do see cagers all the time rolling around and not looking at what they are doing because they have to tell their buddies or girlfriend LOL or TTYL or whatever the text crap is.. I dont know what it is about cars and highways but something about the combinations screw up people cognitive thinking. Did anyone notice WHY the car spun out? if you watch the video for that you will see the truck in the far left lane just move over into the cars lane causing the whole thing!!

Back