Coil

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
I most likely have a bad coil, From whom do you recomend I get me a nice new shiny one? what should the average price be?

Thanx
Shorthair..........

might be cheaper to do COPs

Probably, but since you have an '86 you have the old analog ignition, so if you use COPs make sure you use resistors in-line. A member here makes adapter harnesses. That'll raise the price up a bit, but it's a fairly popular upgrade. See the electrical section sticky, or search. There's loads of info floating around about them.

Probably, but since you have an '86 you have the old analog ignition, so if you use COPs make sure you use resistors in-line. A member here makes adapter harnesses. That'll raise the price up a bit, but it's a fairly popular upgrade. See the electrical section sticky, or search. There's loads of info floating around about them.

Old TCI's are more fragile against indestructible new types - tru.

Properly maintained old type TCI will not see any diffrence beteween stock coils and COP's.
They go bad cuz they are poorly designed.

Ony situation that I would recommend resiators is the one with DYNA 3000.

Why you so sure your coil is a gonner? Just curious.

Primary resistance 2.7 +or - 10 % secondary resistance 13.2 + or - 20 % let me know if you need one I have several around.

3.1 on primary,,,absolutely no continuity on secondary. ( if I'm doing it right ) What do ya gotta have fer one of those coils my new and good friend..lol??

Shorthair......

Back