"Dark Side" on the Max?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've ridden a Rocket III with a 225/50 Riken on it. I've ridden it for some distance (about 250 miles)

Cornering, it's not nearly as bad as I thought. I don't like it when I'm riding on a highway with even a slight crown. It felt like there was a constant cross wind blowing on either side of the bike depending on which direction the handle bars were being pitched slightly. There's no denying the money saved and tread longevity. My father in law has a bit over 10k on his and has taken a few trips over 1000 miles. He loves it. I , however, do not.

Yeah, its not for everyone. You forget its even there after a few hundred miles. I drive in the rain a lot and I swear by them. I won't ride on a normal MC tire anymore on wet roads.

I started with a 225/50 on my rocket then moved to a 245/50 after I got the supercharger installed. I kept that size with the sidecar too and have been quite happy with it, but the 225 is a bit easier to man handle. The wider tire fights back a bit.

The only thing more entertaining than helmet threads on m/c boards are the darkside threads.

LOL, good point.

Ha! I agree on both points. In response to the DS threads, invariably somebody says that you "cannot turn," and I'm quick to chime in and agree, noting that on my bike I can only go straight.

For oil threads, I usually ask if folks recommend changing the walmart oil every 50,000 miles or if you REALLY HAVE TO CHANGE it every 3 years or 30,000 miles like the oil changing place recommends.

That's usually good enough to send a couple of suckers into orbit.

u almost got me geek! i was about to freak!

Back