Did my first rolling burnout!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick.

Reaction score
I got my front tire replaced and the slick on it was gone finally today. I'm rolling down the road back to my house and this dbag on a dirt bike is messing with me and with being no more than 600 yards from my house I didn't feel like doing anything. I'm doing 30 in 3rd then split second gunned it! The result was some white smoke and a 15 foot black line!

Here I am in my driveway with the biggest smile I've had on my face since the bike started running good. I rode back and got a snap shot of the aftermath.

kdk_2270.jpg

i guess i gotta loose some weight.... only first, i go to second she just hooks up

Sweet! Just be carefull who you do them in front of. Most won't want to race you afterwards. Kinda like showing your cards.:punk:

I just got back from getting my girlfriend from work. I goosed two guys riding 250 ninjas at a very college student encrusted intersection. It was a good ol' time!

Nice start Nick:biglaugh:, looks like you'll be at a tire every year in no time:punk:

Mann, what do you guys weigh in order to get that long of a rolling burnout. I'm about 210 and I've gotten short distances but not like that. Maybe I'm just pussin out a bit on the throttle department..

Mann, what do you guys weigh in order to get that long of a rolling burnout. I'm about 210 and I've gotten short distances but not like that. Maybe I'm just pussin out a bit on the throttle department..

I'm in over 300lbs. For me its just a matter of throttle and front brake control. I'll start if off in 2nd, when I get her up in the R's I slowly let off the front brake, then its nothing more than twisting the throttle and front brake control while being carefull not to gather too much speed, or you'll thin out and start to gain traction.

Here is a sweet one Thadd did a while back :punk:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwjKAInddoI

I'm rolling down the road back to my house and this dbag on a dirt bike is messing with me and with being no more than 600 yards from my house I didn't feel like doing anything. I'm doing 30 in 3rd then split second gunned it! The result was some white smoke and a 15 foot black line!

:clapping:

I would have loved to see the look on the kid's face.

It definitely takes a little finesse and some practice to get really good rolling burnouts...I have never been that good at it myself!

They were super easy with the Venom tire I used to have.... could keep it lit up to the top of 3rd gear just from smashing it off the line. A quick downshift from 5th to 3rd and WOT would also result in smoke.

Now with the ME880, it's a lot tougher. Dumping it in first results in a bit of spin, but on the 1-2 change it sometimes brings the front end up a bit and hooks up from there.

Back