digital multimeters?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serrow

Reaction score
time to stop thinking this bike runs on voodoo juice. I'd like to have a multimeter to be able to teach myself a litte big of how voodoo juice actually works. any suggestions on a nofrills automotive model that works well?

wouldnt hurt to be able to check rpm and such, so would i need an inductive pick-up attachment? if so, what would the range of rpm needed? since we have 4 plug wires, would the readings just be # x 4?

might as well ask my questions here

but of course. imagine me saying this will my bottle of grey poupon. I should have mentioned that cost is definately a factor :)

Sears. The one I got came with a test probe that sounds when circuit reads continuity.

Mark

Flukes are very nice but the cheapest one is over$100.The 2 I have are over $500.I am an electrician though.

High Voltage/Switchgear tech tech guy here;

"Somehow" :whistlin: I've accumulated several Flukes at the house over the years of working in a chemical plant.

They are pretty indestructible and very reliable.
They also have have some pretty neat attachments like temp etc that can be used with them.

For home use tho' a simple DVOM from any big box store would probably do just fine.

Rusty

For home use tho' a simple DVOM from any big box store would probably do just fine.

Rusty

+1

I no longer turn wrenches for money any more, and I couldn't agree more with this statement. In fact, I went out and spent $40.00 on one at SEARS because I couldn't find my FLUKE.

what about one with an inductive tach? or something to read accurate rpms from the spark plugs.

I found a perfect at a pawn shop the other day for carrying with me on road trips. It's made in china for radio shack and is about the size of a pack of cigarettes and closes up completely when not in use.

Rusty

Back