DIY Tboost anyone ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamax

Reaction score
Anyone did the tboost using the two diodes and the resistor successfully?

I did it twice and everytime I get cylinder 3 misfiring and loud gunshots from the exhaust :bang head:. To the best of my knowledge, I did it as it should be done.
Any idea what went wrong? :ummm:

I did one on my bike with no issues - are you sure the diodes are not installed backwards ? That's the only thing I can think of...

Thank you for responding.
Here is a photo attached on how I did it. The center branch went to the 12V feed to #3 coil, the diodes went to the control wire of coil # 3 and # 1.
I stripped it to see if the diodes are inverted.:confused2:
The crimp of all three went to the yellow wire/grey wire at the Vboost 3way white connector. I also noticed the rpm doubled at the tach.
Sure I did something wrong :bang head:
Thank you for the feedback...

Attachments

• tboost.jpg
    tboost.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 23
Here's how I wired mine :

3-way crimp connected to dis-connected gray lead at vboost controller
one resistor spliced to battery lead at coil 1 (red/white)
other resistor connected to dis-connected yellow wire at vboost controller

Did you dis-connect the gray & yellow wires from the vboost contoller , or did you just splice into them ?

That's your problem right there - that circuit need to be wired in "series". You have it wired in "parallel". With a tiny screwdriver you can slip those terminals out of the plastic connectors instead of cutting them. This way you can always go back to stock by simply re-connecting them.

:worthy:Richwrench,
it is right there and I could not get it. :bang head:
Thank you for enlightening it.
I use the toothpick, I hate cutting wires.
I am getting dressed and shall give it another go and see...
Thank you

Aha...
I did it with much better luck this time...

Below 3k rpm it runs bad with some exhaust and intake backfires, above 3K it runs great with an unusual rush of midrange power....
I am still thinking...is is supposed to do so?:ummm:

Back