Do jet kits make much of a diffrence

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulhaworth

Reaction score
hi guys santa might be get me a jet kit stage 7 or morley muscle i have read the other threads on the kits and i think i would like to go with the morley muscle kit but will i feel much of a diffrence and how easy is it to fit and would i need to get it ran on a dyno

cheers guys

Go with morley's kit It's easy to fit (as long as you can do basic wrenching and can follow directions), you can get it dialed in pretty close with Sean's help (but be ready to pull your carbs out more then once), it will feel more responsive and give you more power (full exhaust is a must) but you will need a dyno to really fine tune it.

they're fun. but i'd put that money into wheels first.

If you don't have a full exhaust it won't really help at all.

If you do, the muscle kit seems to be the way to go. It's not very difficult to install, you don't have to split the rack or disassemble the carbs. You have to pop the rack off and flip it over to change the mains through the bowl screws. Seems that most end up in the 120-125hp range (from ~112 stock). $1200 for 12hp? Your call if it's worth it.

I am going to stay with my stock carb setup for my 2005. It is fast enough for me. Like to ride my bike and like my bike to run smooth.

If you don't have a full exhaust it won't really help at all.

If you do, the muscle kit seems to be the way to go. It's not very difficult to install, you don't have to split the rack or disassemble the carbs. You have to pop the rack off and flip it over to change the mains through the bowl screws. Seems that most end up in the 120-125hp range (from ~112 stock). $1200 for 12hp? Your call if it's worth it.

RaWarrior is right on the money here. In order to actually get the benefits from Seans MuscleJet kit or the S7 you will have to go with a full exhaust and tune also. Current prices make it about $100 per pony. Need to factor in the Look/sound and the enjoyment you will gain from the mods too though :)

I am going to stay with my stock carb setup for my 2005. It is fast enough for me. Like to ride my bike and like my bike to run smooth.

I have to agree, especially with an 05 and the value of that year keeping it stock.:clapping:

O

I like both Stage 7 and Morley's Carb Kit. Both involve getting to know your carbs a little better , and a dyno is nice to help tune them , but certainly not required. Full exhaust is required to get the most out of either carb kit , and used will save you some coin and still do the job. You might want to beef up the front brakes around the same time period and keep an eye out for the Mod Monkey . LOL

hi guys santa might be get me a jet kit stage 7 or morley muscle i have read the other threads on the kits and i think i would like to go with the morley muscle kit but will i feel much of a diffrence and how easy is it to fit and would i need to get it ran on a dyno

cheers guys
but its to fast for you now young un, lol

You won't beat the technical support available from Sean. Easier to clean his filter than four pods and a wee bit easier install I would think.

I'm very happy with my Morley kit. 100% recommended ;)

+1
You can't go wrong with the Morley kit. Easy install, nice bit of performance increase and you'll love the sound when you open up the throttle.

morleykit.jpg

You would be happier with Sean Morleys airbox and jet kit. The big plus is you get Sean's tuning advice.

Back