Drag Bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markmax

Reaction score
Is there any changes you have to make to the throtle cables or break lines to put drag bars on or are they a direct swap out? And how do people how put on the drag bars like them?

Thanks
Mark

Everything went right back in place with mine, i don't remember having any issues. I would try to go with the widest ones u can b/c mine definetly doesn't handle like it did with the wider stock ones. But no biggie, they look great. I think i may put some sand in mine though b/c they do vibrate a lil' bit more.

I had to rotate the clutch and brake lines so that they didn't look like crap, but yea it's a easy swap.

I may fill mine with sand as well. They do vibrate a bit.

Hey guys I'm looking to put drag bars on mine too. What causes this vibration you're talking about? Is the stock bar a SOLID bar or something?

Please forgive the ignorance. I just got Max a little less than 2 weeks ago and I'm still learning. :biglaugh:

Thanks!

Is there any changes you have to make to the throtle cables or break lines to put drag bars on or are they a direct swap out? And how do people how put on the drag bars like them?

Thanks

I run drag bars that I bought from Sean Morley.He sells some nice ones for a good price.

There are threads about this somewhere here in the past.

The hardest thing about swapping bars is getting the old grip off of the left side.I do not run stock grips so they come off pretty easy.

Sean Sells 2 kinds that I really like for the max.One is zero rise 4 inch pull back and the other is the same with 2 inch rise.I believe he also sells one like the stock bars.I will advise one thing,Do not put a straight broom stick on.I did and it looked cool as hell but it will kill your wrists.

Thanks

I run drag bars that I bought from Sean Morley.He sells some nice ones for a good price.

There are threads about this somewhere here in the past.

The hardest thing about swapping bars is getting the old grip off of the left side.I do not run stock grips so they come off pretty easy.

Sean Sells 2 kinds that I really like for the max.One is zero rise 4 inch pull back and the other is the same with 2 inch rise.I believe he also sells one like the stock bars.I will advise one thing,Do not put a straight broom stick on.I did and it looked cool as hell but it will kill your wrists.

my bike had a broom stick on it, worst thing ever. my wrists were killingme after a short ride and i felt even shorter than i really am.
i have a stock set on there now with a bar snake, hopefully it wont vibrate as bad now.

The vibration is the natural vibration you get from the engine. Many people including me put a fine sand inside the bars to help reduce this. I suffer bad with numbing fingers and had to do something. It helps bit doesn't get rid of it. There is still a slight buzz ( at certain rpm ) but I think with gel slip ons or different grips I hope to make the grips buzz free.

Hope this helps. BTW if anyone reading this has a 100% vibration free grips I'd like to hear about it.

I always wanted to try shooting that expanding insulation foam into a bar to see what it would do.I also always wanted to try this with a 3 foot long straw into somebodies car muffler to see what it would do.

i HATE expanding foam. This time last year i was washing bridges in the quad cities. Well we underbid another company on the contract and ended up getting it instead of them and they of course were pissed........ so they shot that shit into all of the drains on several of the bridges we washed. Needless to say it was a real nightmare to get out! Some of the drains have PVC pipe that directs runoff down a slope so that its not pouring on traffic or railyards underneath. The stuff would get clogged up in there and we had to replace all the pipe.

I am running Flanders black powder coated drag bars. I am using them because they are wider than most. They look great and hold all the components I need them to.:thumbs up: You'd be better off with using a bar snake in the bar to remove the vibes. I have heard nothing but rave reviews of it!

Cheers

Attachments

• 100_2139 #3.jpg
    100_2139 #3.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 98

First, thank goodness you mentioned the broom stick. I was just about to have one cut and chrome dipped from a vendor I work with. Scratch THAT idea now. :)

Second, how the heck DO we get the stock grips off? Should I just plan on f'ing them up during the process of getting them off there and just accept that I'll have to put new ones on?

Thanks all.

First, thank goodness you mentioned the broom stick. I was just about to have one cut and chrome dipped from a vendor I work with. Scratch THAT idea now. :)

Second, how the heck DO we get the stock grips off? Should I just plan on f'ing them up during the process of getting them off there and just accept that I'll have to put new ones on?

Thanks all.

You only have to worry about the left one unless you are replacing them.

I had no issues with them at all!:thumbs up:

Back