Throttle cable block

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa_VMAX177

Reaction score
Hey guys. I am having issues with my throttle cable block. It drags/catches. Is there anyway to fix it short of buying a new one? Ive tried silicone spray and graphite and nothing is helping it. I have also made sure the cables are in working order. I heard there is a 3-D printed one out there. Is that any better? Thanks.

Did you check the cable adjustment? The junction also seems to like the orientation of the splices with the slots facing outward. If we're talking about gen 1's that is.

Did you check the cable adjustment? The junction also seems to like the orientation of the splices with the slots facing outward. If we're talking about gen 1's that is.
Yes. Cables are tight but not fiddle string tight. I moved the cables without them connected on both the grip and carburetors and they move freely.

You want to feel a little slack in them at the throttle. I would start by getting a LOT of slack then start taking it up a little at a time and see where it starts to bind.

Back