Engine oil leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt354

Reaction score
My oil leak has been narrowed down to this small pin underneath the oil gallery plug. I did a temp repair with a glob of Yamabond yesterday to confirm. After a 120 mile ride it was dry.
On Sean's great advise, I'll be removing the pin the factory put in there. Then pipe tap and pipe plug the hole with sealer. This should be the end of the problem.
Sean has seen this leak before. has anyone else? Surgery starts in a few minutes.

Attachments

• IMAG0196.jpg
    IMAG0196.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 73
I got the OEM plug out. It started spinning as I was tapping a hole I'd drilled for removal. So, I drilled it through and tapped it with a 1/8 pipe tap. All is good for reassembly. I've still got to clean lots of threads for locktite and a final check for any chips in the oil gallery. I stuffed a rag through the oil pressure test port to control chips and greased the drill and tap well. All is good in Vmax land. A big thanks to Sean Morley for helping me out and getting right back to me.
We're luckey to have Sean here.
Steve-o

Last edited:
Back