exhaust fitment?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinnacle

Reaction score
hey guys i have a 85 vmax just wondering will newer vmax mufflers or exhaust fit the older bikes i like the look of the newer mufflers?

All are the same! '85-'07

No difference in the overall look of the mufflers. The '85 muffs were less restrictive than the following years.

easy now. At least they are legal! The 85's do have larger exits and if you got a newer vboost crossover valve (86 on had 2mm larger butterflies) then you would have about the best combination as far as OEM components go.

Sean

easy now. At least they are legal! The 85's do have larger exits and if you got a newer vboost crossover valve (86 on had 2mm larger butterflies) then you would have about the best combination as far as OEM components go.

Sean

That's why I'd like to get my hands on a set in decent shape......

I don't know why.....call it instinct.....paranoia.....whatever....

But I see the exhaust laws in NY getting STRICTLY enforced in the not too distant future:damn angry:

i think my point was missed. i was far from talking about exhaust systems...

But I see the exhaust laws in NY getting STRICTLY enforced in the not too distant future:damn angry:

Which is why I have my stockers in the basement...:eusa_dance:

well what i was thinking originally was taking the mufflers off a 2009/10 cause i think they look good in black and putting them on my 85. i don't need extra hp as the 85 vmax i have has plenty for the kind of riding i do. so my question is will the 09/10 mufflers work with minor fabrication or none at all?

well what i was thinking originally was taking the mufflers off a 2009/10 cause i think they look good in black and putting them on my 85. i don't need extra hp as the 85 vmax i have has plenty for the kind of riding i do. so my question is will the 09/10 mufflers work with minor fabrication or none at all?

Don't think the '09 - '10 muffs will work with anything less than major fab and carb work! About the only thing the Gen I & Gen II have in common is...both are made by Yamaha Corp.

You know i have a set of OEM mufflers that look like new, right? They're the ones that came of my bike when I put your Jardines on.. :hijacked:

You know i have a set of OEM mufflers that look like new, right? They're the ones that came of my bike when I put your Jardines on.. :hijacked:

Are they the all powerful and super rare 1985 version????:eusa_dance:

Are they the all powerful and super rare 1985 version????:eusa_dance:

Nah they're gleaming 20-year anniversary edition off an '05 I believe..

Of course only in '05 they made them just like the '85 for the anniversary edition! Only way shinier :rofl_200:

Latest posts

Back