Extended grabber?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi all:

Do any of you know of a good electronic drill extender that I can put a screw extractor on?

I'm trying to remove the Vboost servo, and those cheesy phillips head screws will NOT come out, and now the phillips heads of the screws are destroyed.

I just cannot reach as far as I need to with the extractor in the drill, and I'd like to know how to extend the extractor.

Thanks very much.

Elimax

They are number 3 phillips in case you didn't already know (using a number 2 will strip them quickly). You could get a drill chuck head and thread it onto a bolt - then cut the bolt head off and chuck that end into your drill. So, two chucks - one to chuck the bit and one on the drill motor. Once you crack the screw loose it will come right out. A set of vice grips work well. You can also try a craftsman (or equivalent) bolt extractor. They grab the OUTSIDE of the head and have a socket end so you can use any common extension from your tool box.

Sean

Thank you thank you thank you, Sean!

Now, please pardon my idiocy...what's a "drill chuck head"? I might actually have one here.

Thanks again!

Aaron

Latest posts

Back